McLaren Life banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering for those of you who track/race their McLarens, in terms of outright lap times, is the 720S faster than the 675LT on track? Does the track matter? Is there anywhere the 675LT is better?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Was wondering for those of you who track/race their McLarens, in terms of outright lap times, is the 720S faster than the 675LT on track? Does the track matter? Is there anywhere the 675LT is better?
many ppl moved from 675LT to 720S for track usage - everyone I ever read who had both says the 720s is a big step up in about every measurable performance metric ... some have it decrease their times by 3% some by 5% some by even more ... but all are seriously faster ...

be aware that most tests on the 720s are on Corsas vs all 675LT tests on Trofeo Rs which were not available for the 720s in 2017/2018 ... both on same tires the 720s usually is much faster

·
Registered
51 Posts

be aware that most tests on the 720s are on Corsas vs all 675LT tests on Trofeo Rs which were not available for the 720s in 2017/2018 ... both on same tires the 720s usually is much faster

Nice to see the old girl hanging in there. not that it really matters or why one would care as for most of use we can't get near either cars limits.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Years from now none of this will matter
You don’t have people saying today, I wish my countach was faster than my diablo, or cornered better than my diablo. Fact of the matter, it’s a countach…..period.
My 675lt is a 675lt……period
True, from the second sportscars become semi fast - meaning they are no longer the newest fastest available - all other things like looks/design/sound/coolness/history and so on become way more important

1 - 6 of 6 Posts