McLaren Life banner

381 - 400 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Fully agree on 650s over turbo s. Real question is will I enjoy the 675 on my hour long commute? I've pretty much decided the 600LT is too buzzy, especially at idle, which is most of my commute :D If only they used normal motor mounts, or adjustable motor mounts... I'd even consider swapping to base motor mounts if it could be done with the engine in place!
I’ve driven the 675 a few times now and after 15-20 minutes of driving, I can see some getting tired. The car is just much more raw and visceral which is what I love but at the same time I would only use it as a weekend warrior.

I just took my 650 out yesterday and drove for an hour by beach and enjoyed every minute of it. So damn comfortable and versatile. I have 2nd thoughts about selling it for a LT all the time but I have ADD. I’m leaning toward a 600 LT or maybe a Performante next.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
94 Posts
Fully agree on 650s over turbo s. Real question is will I enjoy the 675 on my hour long commute? I've pretty much decided the 600LT is too buzzy, especially at idle, which is most of my commute :D If only they used normal motor mounts, or adjustable motor mounts... I'd even consider swapping to base motor mounts if it could be done with the engine in place!
If you’re looking for a good DD...esp. for an hour commute...the 675LT is definitely not the right car, IMHO.

I found the 675LT to be even more raw than the 600LT. Perhaps because the 600LT is newer it felt a little quieter. I could literally hear grains of sand hitting the undercarriage in the 675LT. While the 600LT is raw...I felt the 675LT was much more so...Both are fantastic cars...truly remarkable...but for a DD get a 720s, 650 or 570.

The 720 Spider is by far the best sports car I’ve ever owned in terms of being the total package and I’ve owned quite a few. It’s mentally fast. Incredibly comfortable, super compliant, and does very thing well. Not as raw as the LT cars...but for a DD super car there is no better car than a 720 at the moment IMHO. If you want a weekend car or a ‘blow the steam off raw experience’ then the 675 or 600 is the choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you’re looking for a good DD...esp. for an hour commute...the 675LT is definitely not the right car, IMHO.

I found the 675LT to be even more raw than the 600LT. Perhaps because the 600LT is newer it felt a little quieter. I could literally hear grains of sand hitting the undercarriage in the 675LT. While the 600LT is raw...I felt the 675LT was much more so...Both are fantastic cars...truly remarkable...but for a DD get a 720s, 650 or 570.

The 720 Spider is by far the best sports car I’ve ever owned in terms of being the total package and I’ve owned quite a few. It’s mentally fast. Incredibly comfortable, super compliant, and does very thing well. Not as raw as the LT cars...but for a DD super car there is no better car than a 720 at the moment IMHO. If you want a weekend car or a ‘blow the steam off raw experience’ then the 675 or 600 is the choice.
100 percent agree with this. The 675 is an incredibly visceral car, and although it is quite comfortable for the type of experience it offers, it really isn't a daily driver to most people. The 720s is much more so and IMO easier to get in and out of.

The vibrations inside the cabin are very sensitive to temperature and probably more pronounced if your car has more carbon bits. Occasionally they are loud and go away when the car warms up....sometimes they are nonexistent. I can see how sitting in traffic it would annoy me to hear them on a daily basis.

I cannot emphasize how important it is that you don't take my word for any of this and actually go drive the car to see what you think. To my eyes the 720s is a MUCH nicer looking car, but ironically the driving experience doesn't do it for me at all. I have friends who passionately feel the opposite....and the good news is that you can usually figure this out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My 675 is smooth as butter. Drove it today and simply can’t believe how composed, smooth and fast it is. The gt3RS, on the other hand, is way harsh

·
Recent Convert
849 Posts
My 675 is smooth as butter. Drove it today and simply can’t believe how composed, smooth and fast it is. The gt3RS, on the other hand, is way harsh
Agreed
I've done 7 hours across Europe in mine with no issue
Roof up on motorway its very civilised
Get to a good road, drop roof flick to Sport/Sport and its a different animal!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same experience here. When driving the McLaren and Viper back to back, I'm always shocked at how comfortable and smooth the 675 is. The only portion of the experience that is, admittedly, less than smooth is at idle. It can buzz a bit. I don't spend a hell of a lot of time at idle, however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
IMO, in this market, every non-MSO 675 coupe is a sub-$200k car. A ton of value especially in the $170s and lower. I can't think of another car, of that ilk, at that price point that I would prefer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
IMO, in this market, every non-MSO 675 coupe is a sub-$200k car. A ton of value especially in the $170s and lower. I can't think of another car, of that ilk, at that price point that I would prefer.
So basically any ~$400k coupe is trading for less than 50%...these things fell in value like a weed stock.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Has anyone participating in this thread bought one since the thread started.... or just bullshitting around.

I know 3 of them that were sold within this time frame... and they aren't the wishful prices that people are discussing in this thread (most recent example was the green roof scoop that was at Ferrari San Francisco about one week ago). As soon as it got to $299K it disappeared from their website and I saw it getting a P.D.I. at my local dealer.

Another black spider that didn't even make it on a listing. Client of my local dealer had given standing instructions of what he was looking for to the sales guy and he snatched it when it came in a trade without it even being posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That Napier green Spider with pretty low miles went for 210k or less with a one-year warranty. It was being offered at $195 + 15k certified and warranty. I'm sure some high spec cars are still fetching good money though.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Has anyone participating in this thread bought one since the thread started.... or just bullshitting around.

I know 3 of them that were sold within this time frame... and they aren't the wishful prices that people are discussing in this thread (most recent example was the green roof scoop that was at Ferrari San Francisco about one week ago). As soon as it got to $299K it disappeared from their website and I saw it getting a P.D.I. at my local dealer.

Another black spider that didn't even make it on a listing. Client of my local dealer had given standing instructions of what he was looking for to the sales guy and he snatched it when it came in a trade without it even being posted.
What are you asking exactly? I see coupes for sale under $200K on cars.com and I see spiders as low as $230K, all obviously asking price. I don't see anything odd or beat up out them. Seems like perfectly normal cars.

I see much higher priced cars too, but I highly doubt any are selling.

·
Registered
772 Posts
What are you asking exactly? I see coupes for sale under $200K on cars.com and I see spiders as low as $230K, all obviously asking price. I don't see anything odd or beat up out them. Seems like perfectly normal cars.

I see much higher priced cars too, but I highly doubt any are selling.
Things get a little weird sometimes and motivations of dealers... They seem to be a lot more motivated to sell cars if the sale is dependent on the owner getting into another car they have for sale. I don't see much motivation of sales people at franchised dealers to sell used cars. The ones that seem to need to be sold for an owner to go into another car seem to be sold very quickly (sales guys call existing and potential customers and the car gets sold very quickly and doesn't even make it onto their website).

People who are generally looking to buy an exotic and walk into a dealership will get the hard presser on the new car for sale (much more incentive for dealer to sell the new cars).

Anyways; Here is a new listing. This is from a person I know. It just got listed at Mclaren SF. He is the second owner (this car was talked about a year or two ago). The new owner went into a different car a few months ago. He doesn't need to sell it to get into another car but he is motivated to sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Saw that ad....thanks for the added details. Rather odd that they didn't bother to put the options up, both on autotrader and/or the dealer website. Good to see previous owner(s) enjoyed the car, will be interesting to see how having 10k more miles than the next highest-mile car affects demand.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Things get a little weird sometimes and motivations of dealers... They seem to be a lot more motivated to sell cars if the sale is dependent on the owner getting into another car they have for sale. I don't see much motivation of sales people at franchised dealers to sell used cars. The ones that seem to need to be sold for an owner to go into another car seem to be sold very quickly (sales guys call existing and potential customers and the car gets sold very quickly and doesn't even make it onto their website).

People who are generally looking to buy an exotic and walk into a dealership will get the hard presser on the new car for sale (much more incentive for dealer to sell the new cars).

Anyways; Here is a new listing. This is from a person I know. It just got listed at Mclaren SF. He is the second owner (this car was talked about a year or two ago). The new owner went into a different car a few months ago. He doesn't need to sell it to get into another car but he is motivated to sell it.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Are you saying the 675LTs are higher than people in here are claiming, or lower?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw that ad....thanks for the added details. Rather odd that they didn't bother to put the options up, both on autotrader and/or the dealer website. Good to see previous owner(s) enjoyed the car, will be interesting to see how having 10k more miles on it affects demand.

Those are lazy ad descriptions. Considering the mileage, this car is priced where I would have expected it to be priced a month ago.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Unfortunately every car forum has value threads promoting the diminishing value of a specific car. Typically it‘s a car that the thread starter aspires to but can only conceive of purchasing if the value just goes down more. In reality for the originator and like minded contributors to the thread the price never gets low enough to pull the trigger but the effort serves to antagonize the buyers like myself who put up hard earned money to enjoy the car. For me the 675 spider was the best car purchase I ever made and I don’t relish that my price came at the expense of the original owner. These cars are truly special, only 12 spiders currently on Autotrader compared to 170 plus 488 spiders listed. My hope is that for any real potential buyer of 675 is that they find a car that most closely meets what the’re looking for and buy it. Then post pictures and ownership impressions, and that would be a worthwhile contribution.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just dropped off my 675LT had a leak looks like oil and I dropped it off at the MAC dealer in ATL. Met me at the door, and said we’ll take care of the car and said here’s a 720S loaner. Many bash the dealers I’ve had nothing but great experiences. After driving the 720S very fast car, but I miss my 675LT it’s just raw .......720 looks good in the garage but no way. Hats off to Atlanta Mclaren Top Notch in all aspects ........

Today I picked up the 675LT which had a hose that leaked fluid to the suspension, and parts ordered from Mclaren headquarters. All work under warranty no issues, and enjoyed the 720S Spider for 6 days. I see why many love the 720S it’s a great daily driver and super fast, but honestly when I got back my 675 I was back at home and it’s the perfect car for me because it’s raw and ticks all the right boxes.

The 675LT feels raw like my RS, but of course super fast .........this car is a sleeper and will be remembered for what is does and it’s the deal of the century now.

View attachment 200432

·
Registered
524 Posts
All McLarens are traded below value, not only the 675LT! It's a shame, but unfortunately it's the reality. Over the last few years, the supply for super sports cars has increased x-fold and the demand has decreased in relative terms (general uncertainty). Nobody really knows where the journey will take us, but most likely the times of rising prices are over. But what is the problem?

I bought my fantastic 650S coupe new in 2016 for CHF 345'000.-, value today not even half. Is that why this car is bad? Hey guys, I get into the car, enjoy my own McLaren world after a few minutes and all the other cars in the world can kiss my ass!

A little remark: I feel sorry for those who define their McLaren by the market value and obviously have not understood something. I don't believe that these vehicles were built as investment objects. Drive these things and enjoy their thoughtful design features and technologies.

Therefore to all 675LT owners: Forget the shitty discussion about the market value and enjoy this extraordinary car. All others who report negatively or get upset at the fall in value about this car either have absolutely no idea or are just jealous of not owning one.

Stay well!

381 - 400 of 403 Posts