McLaren Life banner

361 - 380 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
688HS just sold for 350.000 USD (Estimate was 400-450k) in Amelia Island ... thats a bit sad to see for such a special car that it does not fetch a higher price and also somehow shows what 675LT are probably going for right now ...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
688HS just sold for 350.000 USD (Estimate was 400-450k) in Amelia Island ... thats a bit sad to see for such a special car that it does not fetch a higher price and also somehow shows what 675LT are probably going for right now ...

they had it listed at 699 at newport beach lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's real insider knowledge he told you .... not hard to find out on Wikipedia ;-)

Owners

[/QUOTE

I wasn’t implying it was insider knowledge nor did I ever make mention of that. I was simply asking if anyone had additional information or had heard anything similar. We all appreciate you Googling it on our behalf though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Napier Green 675LT Spider in Dallas asking $195,000. Seems to be the lowest priced Spider I’ve seen with as others have said “the right options/color”. Napier Green is probably one of the hottest colors you could buy a LT in at the time.

With the 765LT unveiled and the new 680s (570s replacement) coming being a baby P1. I think these cars are going to face continue pressure. Such great cars at this price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Napier Green 675LT Spider in Dallas asking $195,000. Seems to be the lowest priced Spider I’ve seen with as others have said “the right options/color”. Napier Green is probably one of the hottest colors you could buy a LT in at the time.

With the 765LT unveiled and the new 680s (570s replacement) coming being a baby P1. I think these cars are going to face continue pressure. Such great cars at this price.

It has been for sale for awhile at around $245K if I remember correctly. It is in Texas, so maybe an oil man has it on consignment and sees the writing on the wall with oil collapsing. Down to $28 today!

With the DJIA, S&P and Nasdaq all down 5% tonight, along with Coronavirus freakout and oil collapsing we are in for a wild ride.

If this is a clean Spider at $195K asking, where does that put a clean 650S Spider?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
If market opens down 5%, buy. Good $ can be made this week.
short update ... most markets are now down 7%+ not sure you should not wait a bit longer till bargains can be bought ... the market will fall more the Next 2-3 weeks maybe months

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depends on your horizon. Buy the dips in small increments. Future you will thank current you!
I took all my money out of the equity market at the beginning of the year. Put 60% in at the end of last week. Guess I'll put the rest in soon (was sitting in bonds/cash until now)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm 98% liquid at the moment. Did the same thing as you. Bought some SPY at around $300. put in some limit orders today. Not to derail this chat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are the motor mounts on the 675 as stiff as the 600lt? I drove a 600 and I instantly knew it would not be a good daily, and my wife would hate to be in it. The car's very buzzy, vibrates at stop lights, rattles interior and exterior parts, etc. The car would be great with normal motor mounts. If the 675 is the same, I'll have to take it off my list. Unfortunately, not many in my area to test drive, especially spiders that I'm looking at.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not driven a 600LT, but own a 675LT and it has a softer setting but it will still vibrate and cabin noises. It’s due to insulation being removed, and performance was the main objective. My GT3RS makes more noise and is a harsher ride than the RS, and my wife hates both .....she enjoyed the Ferrari more which is cushier. Porsche Turbo S great ride if you’re looking for wife comfort. I stopped listening to my wife on cars, and she just knows it’s a guy thing ........good luck you will love a 675 but she may not.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not driven a 600LT, but own a 675LT and it has a softer setting but it will still vibrate and cabin noises. It’s due to insulation being removed, and performance was the main objective. My GT3RS makes more noise and is a harsher ride than the RS, and my wife hates both .....she enjoyed the Ferrari more which is cushier. Porsche Turbo S great ride if you’re looking for wife comfort. I stopped listening to my wife on cars, and she just knows it’s a guy thing ........good luck you will love a 675 but she may not.
why turbo s? The 650s will give you 80% of what 675 will and you get the comfort :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just dropped off my 675LT had a leak looks like oil and I dropped it off at the MAC dealer in ATL. Met me at the door, and said we’ll take care of the car and said here’s a 720S loaner. Many bash the dealers I’ve had nothing but great experiences. After driving the 720S very fast car, but I miss my 675LT it’s just raw .......720 looks good in the garage but no way. Hats off to Atlanta Mclaren Top Notch in all aspects ........

·
Registered
204 Posts
Turbo S great DD, and cost of ownership is cheap great reliability ver good at what it does.
Sure it is... but we are on a MAC FORUM! 650s all day for a daily. Feels way more special and nearly as fast as the new Turbo S. Yes, cost of ownership/depreciation could be the deal breaker for some folks - but if you can afford it, its worth every penny!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fully agree on 650s over turbo s. Real question is will I enjoy the 675 on my hour long commute? I've pretty much decided the 600LT is too buzzy, especially at idle, which is most of my commute :D If only they used normal motor mounts, or adjustable motor mounts... I'd even consider swapping to base motor mounts if it could be done with the engine in place!

361 - 380 of 403 Posts