McLaren Life banner

321 - 340 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
wth boston raised 2 of their lt prices big time winter specials must be over. lol

the coupe went from 192k to 219$

the napier spider went from 266 to $299
Dealers just wait for a trade in and get you that way (many people will buy a car that is a little higher if they need to do a trade and get rid of cars (most don't do private party sales and they have to trade in cars to get another one).

It's also possible that if a new person comes in with little buying history and wants to buy a 750LT then these cars might be the route/path for them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If one is not set on a specific spec then the opportunity does exist to hold out longer in hopes that the 675 declines more. For me I wanted a specific spec spider and I waited a year to find it and as soon as I did I bought it. The price was in the upper $200k range and that’s twice as much as I’ve ever paid for a car but every time I drive it I feel like I stole it because it feels so special. The 675 is the only modern sports car that interest me and I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to secure the exact car that I was looking for. The spider is particularly special because there is not another supercar under $800k (Carrera GT) that has a no compromise carbon tub. Currently there are 13 spiders on Autotrader and several of them have challenging specs, and with only 500 worldwide it’s possible that playing the waiting game might result in missing an opportunity to get the spec car they want. There was a Wolfturbo on Ferrarichat that had a 650 for sale for awhile did it ever sell?
187 Ferrari 488 Spiders currently on Autotrader and 13 675LT Spiders at basically the same money. I’m not knocking Ferrari, I have 2 of them, but I can’t make sense of how they’re the same price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Listing owners tired of renewing inventory that is not selling
Just cutting costs until spring
The cars that have left Autotrader were dealers cars, and unless the dealers also removed them from their website the cars have been sold. Your theory that dealerships with millions of dollars in inventory are looking to save a $50 per monthly listing cost? That does not make a lot of sense to me

·
Registered
118 Posts
The cars that have left Autotrader were dealers cars, and unless the dealers also removed them from their website the cars have been sold. Your theory that dealerships with millions of dollars in inventory are looking to save a $50 per monthly listing cost? That does not make a lot of sense to me
Forgive
My sarcastic comment.
Not
Everything on the internet is serious.

·
Registered
366 Posts
spends more time talking about the values of each car instead of the driving and performance factors!
worthless video.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
187 Ferrari 488 Spiders currently on Autotrader and 13 675LT Spiders at basically the same money. I’m not knocking Ferrari, I have 2 of them, but I can’t make sense of how they’re the same price?
Because as one of the journos put it (Harris or Jethro I think), McLarens have "built-in obsolescence".

Before the paint is dry, there's a newer one coming out that isn't different enough.

Nobody is going is make a video about splitting hairs between a new Ferrari California vs a 458. Even a Speciale and F12 were probably similar dosh when the the F12 was newer, but drastically different cars. In fact this bloke could have thrown a 720S into this comparo too as they are also close enough in price, character and performance!

Video killed the radio star. Sport Series killed the used Super Series.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Because as one of the journos put it (Harris or Jethro I think), McLarens have "built-in obsolescence".

Before the paint is dry, there's a newer one coming out that isn't different enough.

Nobody is going is make a video about splitting hairs between a new Ferrari California vs a 458. Even a Speciale and F12 were probably similar dosh when the the F12 was newer, but drastically different cars. In fact this bloke could have thrown a 720S into this comparo too as they are also close enough in price, character and performance!

no way is the character of a 720 similar to the LT cars IMO

·
Registered
505 Posts

I agree.

McLaren's product strategy is going crazy.

I recently tried to explain all the McLaren products to a colleague: 540C, 570S, 570GT, GT, 600LT, 620R, 12C, 650S, 675LT, 720S, P1, P1 GTR, Senna, Senna GTR, Speedtail, Elva, half of all these models are additionally available as Spider. Models characterized by exactly the same features: all 2 seaters (in one exception three seats side by side) mid-engine sports cars with carbon MonoCell/MonoCage chassis and 90 degree twin-turbocharged flat-plane V8 (M838T/M840T), in two cases supplemented with electric drive as hybrid, produced within 9 years. This is worse than Porsche with its countless 911 variants!

And now try to explain within this portfolio that a 675L drives significantly different than a 720S, a 650S or a 600LT? My colleague had to laugh when I tried.

I dare say, McLaren is going to run into some very big problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Actually, I think the product line is not bad it’s frequency/stability of what they build I’ve said this many times here they need to shore up quality control. Next fix customer perception of their brand being not reliable wrong or right that’s the perception. Model line up I see the 12C, 650S, 720S are nothing more than extensions of the new model one being replaced. You can question 3 new cars over a 8 year period .....this what drives the depreciation. Now I see the 675LT as a limited car which I think they built correctly due the small numbers.

The P1 was a successful game changer that told the other manufacturers look at what we can do, and they made a super car that’s still turning heads. The 570’s and 600’s are same car it’s like Porsche’s 911 standard, and 600LT is a GT3 version limited numbers. Mclaren is a small manufacture and they need volume that drives cash flow, and they have solid financial backing so no issues there. They need to make customers feel special when dropping 300k 400k on their cars. You buy a 911, and Porsche gets you to drink the kool-aid and you wake up and your garage is full of them. I wanted to try Mclaren which is why I tested the waters with a 675LT which is one of the best cars I’ve owned owned. Drove a 720S super fast didn’t give me the special feel of rawness I was looking for, it’s not always about how fast I can go. Not sure what Mclaren I will buy next until then, the 675LT it what makes me giggle. Porsche and Ferrari have been at this for over 60 years, and Mclaren less than 10 they’re here to stay. Will never give up owning a GT3RS, but I sold my Ferrari for the 675LT no looking back. Ferrari sold a record numbers of cars last year see their depreciation ouch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m very serious about buying a 675lt, I’ve followed mclaren since I was a kid and love the brand. To be at a stage of actually been able to afford my ultimate car is a dream. Money has not come easy and to be spending such an amount is a worry as to just how low they will go. What are people’s thoughts on this. This subject has probably been brought up loads of times. Also what hidden costs are to be expected from owning a LT, servicing etc etc
I watchEd 675 prices for 2 years, finally bought a higher mileage (10k miles) 675LT Coupe last summer for £185k. I think prices are probably a little lower now. The spec is great - chicane grey with every carbon option except snorkel. The car has been faultless and a total joy to own. I use it, drive it a lot, have added 3k miles Since August. I have owned 3 570 coupes and a 720s (the latter was an unmitigated disaster).

These are drivers cars. I tried a 458 speciale, F12, 488 and a Perffomante Lamborghini. Nothing comes close to the 675 for pure driving fun, sound, look, quality.

I do think the limited numbers will make this car a long term buy. I dont really mind if it doesn’t appreciate. I want to use it. Am planning a long trip from UK to Portugal with it in the spring. Should be fun!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice spec I’m biased (; love the color as well. Interesting comments you enjoy it more than the F12 and 458 Spec. I actually sold my 458 for the 675LT and have similar observations as you. Enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Genuine curiosity question...What is it specifically about the 675LT that is blowing everyone away?

As stated before in this thread I recently had an extensive back to back drive in both the 675 and the 600. I came away enjoying the 600 a lot more.

There is no question that the craftsmanship in the 675 is incredible...and I personally LOVE the look of it. But I was somewhat disappointed by it. Perhaps some of it was the fact that I’d put it on such a pedestal from everything I’ve read about...but I found it to be extremely loud, you can hear the tiniest grain of sand let alone every single stone on the undercarriage, the one I was in had lots of rattles and creaks etc. Whereas the 600 being newer felt just as sharp, still raw, awesome exhaust note (675 was awesome too) but the 600 was more refined in a good way.

I’m not suggesting that the 675 isn’t extremely special...perhaps more so than the 600, but overall I thought the 600 was better in every way except power. Is it perhaps ego? Super series vs. Sport series. Trust me when I say this...I REALLY wanted to love the 675 due to the looks, performance, sharpness, quality, lower depreciation, numbered car etc., but I didn’t leave with that impression. I guess that’s why I’m so interested in what is ‘blowing’ people away with it? Currently looking to upgrade my 570 track pack for a 675, 600 or 720...they are all on the table...Maybe I need to spend more time in the 675. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Genuine curiosity question...What is it specifically about the 675LT that is blowing everyone away?

As stated before in this thread I recently had an extensive back to back drive in both the 675 and the 600. I came away enjoying the 600 a lot more.

There is no question that the craftsmanship in the 675 is incredible...and I personally LOVE the look of it. But I was somewhat disappointed by it. Perhaps some of it was the fact that I’d put it on such a pedestal from everything I’ve read about...but I found it to be extremely loud, you can hear the tiniest grain of sand let alone every single stone on the undercarriage, the one I was in had lots of rattles and creaks etc. Whereas the 600 being newer felt just as sharp, still raw, awesome exhaust note (675 was awesome too) but the 600 was more refined in a good way.

I’m not suggesting that the 675 isn’t extremely special...perhaps more so than the 600, but overall I thought the 600 was better in every way except power. Is it perhaps ego? Super series vs. Sport series. Trust me when I say this...I REALLY wanted to love the 675 due to the looks, performance, sharpness, quality, lower depreciation, numbered car etc., but I didn’t leave with that impression. I guess that’s why I’m so interested in what is ‘blowing’ people away with it? Currently looking to upgrade my 570 track pack for a 675, 600 or 720...they are all on the table...Maybe I need to spend more time in the 675. Thanks for your input.
Fair comment Aorta. I am probably not best placed to comment as I have not driven the 600LT ! youi make me think that I should... I certainly would not swap a 675 for a 720.. I still wake with a cold sweat from my time with a new 720.. difficult to believe that the 675 is made by the same company.

321 - 340 of 351 Posts