McLaren Life banner

301 - 320 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, that's fair actually. It would set a precedent - the other precedent that will be set is when those spiders listed for 239k finally move...I really wonder how dealers are okay with sitting on inventory for years when you could take a 20k hit and just use the space for something that would actually sell.

·
Registered
70 Posts
3 months later checking in on this thread. 675LT Coupes sub $200K and Spiders now trending to $225-$235K. Tons of new 600LTs sitting crushing preowned values there too. P1 just sold for $990,000, far from the $2MM plus a short while back. Senna‘s now at MSRP at best. It’s not only Mac’s, it’s a reflection of the super car market in general right now. Cars are sitting, buyers seem hesitant, yet money is cheap. Interesting to see what April looks like

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the time of too much supply, and the arms race to produce will be good for buyers. Telling sign I’m not a Ferrari VIP, and I got offered a MSRP allocation for a F8. I’m watching show until 2021, my current stable is good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the time of too much supply, and the arms race to produce will be good for buyers. Telling sign I’m not a Ferrari VIP, and I got offered a MSRP allocation for a F8. I’m watching show until 2021, my current stable is good.
I agree, just too many cars out there.

However, to your point being how easy it now appears to get an F8 allocation. Very true, they are available even not being a VIP customer. I don’t think that’s any different though than the 458 or 488 - you just may have had to wait a little bit longer. What is telling is how lackluster the demand is for the SF90. You can now get allocations for those without prior purchases. The days of Ferrari’s holding value, even the mid engine V8 cars, is a thing of the past.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In my view the 675LT is effectively the most satisfying car one can drive in one’s lifetime. I don’t understand missing out on that experience for extended periods because values may drop further. Even if they drop $25k in a year the enjoyment value of having and driving one far exceeds that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
In my view the 675LT is effectively the most satisfying car one can drive in one’s lifetime. I don’t understand missing out on that experience for extended periods because values may drop further. Even if they drop $25k in a year the enjoyment value of having and driving one far exceeds that.
I know plenty of guys who past
On the bottom waiting and missed purchasing and will never have that car because of that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I know plenty of guys who past
On the bottom waiting and missed purchasing and will never have that car because of that.
Your post makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that a bottom has been made on the 675LT's or are you referencing some other car???

The way I see the 675's is that they are pretty much in the midst of an unabated decline. There are dozens of coupes and spiders available online and any hesitant buyers certainly have not already missed their shot in this market.

I will have one soon, but I have absolutely zero concerns about missing my opportunity by waiting until the time is right for me. Just my 2 cents. Peace to all!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Buy now, buy later it doesn't matter, unless it does.

Everyone has different goals with their purchases but I do believe the once "rare" supercar marketplace now has an oversupply and over saturation issue. Supply outpacing demand is pushing prices down, that's obvious but cars like the 675 that are limited in numbers have a weird way of entering into and out of the market.

One approach at this point would be to have funds ready for the spec you like and watch what becomes available, $10-$20k up or down should not be an issue if it's your ideal car. Ultimately, the best price may not be the best car for you but if your goal is price a bad spec shouldn't matter, until you decide to sell, then it might.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your post makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that a bottom has been made on the 675LT's or are you referencing some other car???

The way I see the 675's is that they are pretty much in the midst of an unabated decline. There are dozens of coupes and spiders available online and any hesitant buyers certainly have not already missed their shot in this market.

I will have one soon, but I have absolutely zero concerns about missing my opportunity by waiting until the time is right for me. Just my 2 cents. Peace to all!
Hard to see the decline bouncing at this point, I agree. If anything, it's accelerated over the last 12 months - not much price support in the near-term, especially from Mclaren themselves with all the models. Other thing to factor in is that a whole bunch of cars have been sitting without major markdowns in pricing with dealers looking to ride out the softness in the market. At some point the trickle has to become a flood.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I made a similar comment earlier in this thread but I had my heart absolutely set on a 675LT coupe...Love the looks, the sound, the exclusivity etc...Then I finally had an extensive test drive in one, directly followed by an extensive test drive in the 600LT. If I’m being 100% honest...the 600LT was better and I found it more enjoyable to drive.

To me, the 600LT was a more refined version of the 675LT. The 675 was a bit more raw and noisy with regard to tires and stones...but I cant necessarily say more visceral. It was fantastic...but IMHO just not as good as the 600.

Makes me wonder just how good the 765LT is going to be. Probably epic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the black one in that rough of condition? They dropped the price again. I’m assuming they will continue to drop the price in small increments until someone makes them a solid offer. I’m wondering what’s the absolute bottom they are willing to take on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I made a similar comment earlier in this thread but I had my heart absolutely set on a 675LT coupe...Love the looks, the sound, the exclusivity etc...Then I finally had an extensive test drive in one, directly followed by an extensive test drive in the 600LT. If I’m being 100% honest...the 600LT was better and I found it more enjoyable to drive.

To me, the 600LT was a more refined version of the 675LT. The 675 was a bit more raw and noisy with regard to tires and stones...but I cant necessarily say more visceral. It was fantastic...but IMHO just not as good as the 600.

Makes me wonder just how good the 765LT is going to be. Probably epic.
Interesting. While I fully respect your view, I have driven both and feel the opposite. “Maybe” the low speed steering feel is slightly better in the 600LT, but to me you can always still feel that the 600 is a sport series car. In my view the fact that the 675LT is In a another league altogether is apparent as soon as you set your eyes on it, and its performance in the 80-140mph range is noticeably superior to the 600. Then you add to it the active aero which further ices the cake for the 675

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting. While I fully respect your view, I have driven both and feel the opposite. “Maybe” the low speed steering feel is slightly better in the 600LT, but to me you can always still feel that the 600 is a sport series car. In my view the fact that the 675LT is In a another league altogether is apparent as soon as you set your eyes on it, and its performance in the 80-140mph range is noticeably superior to the 600. Then you add to it the active aero which further ices the cake for the 675
I second this comment. I've test driven the 600 and while it is a fabulous car, it doesn't compare to my 675. The feel of the 675 with its suspension is superior IMO. Also, I noticed a significant dropoff in acceleration in the 600 in gear 2-3-4. The extra HP in the 675 is very noticeable IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To anyone who's driven both, other than power, do you feel a noticeable difference in response and ability to rev out with the 675? I know they went through a lot of pain to lighten conrods etc in the 675 engine so wondering if it compares favourably.

·
Registered
62 Posts

If one is not set on a specific spec then the opportunity does exist to hold out longer in hopes that the 675 declines more. For me I wanted a specific spec spider and I waited a year to find it and as soon as I did I bought it. The price was in the upper $200k range and that’s twice as much as I’ve ever paid for a car but every time I drive it I feel like I stole it because it feels so special. The 675 is the only modern sports car that interest me and I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to secure the exact car that I was looking for. The spider is particularly special because there is not another supercar under $800k (Carrera GT) that has a no compromise carbon tub. Currently there are 13 spiders on Autotrader and several of them have challenging specs, and with only 500 worldwide it’s possible that playing the waiting game might result in missing an opportunity to get the spec car they want. There was a Wolfturbo on Ferrarichat that had a 650 for sale for awhile did it ever sell?

·
Registered
180 Posts
If one is not set on a specific spec then the opportunity does exist to hold out longer in hopes that the 675 declines more. For me I wanted a specific spec spider and I waited a year to find it and as soon as I did I bought it. The price was in the upper $200k range and that’s twice as much as I’ve ever paid for a car but every time I drive it I feel like I stole it because it feels so special. The 675 is the only modern sports car that interest me and I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to secure the exact car that I was looking for. The spider is particularly special because there is not another supercar under $800k (Carrera GT) that has a no compromise carbon tub. Currently there are 13 spiders on Autotrader and several of them have challenging specs, and with only 500 worldwide it’s possible that playing the waiting game might result in missing an opportunity to get the spec car they want. There was a Wolfturbo on Ferrarichat that had a 650 for sale for awhile did it ever sell?
Our paths have crossed a few times Stan. I used to have about the nicest 550M in the world, along with a Scud and a few other F-cars. Used to hang out on F-Chat, but I have found the Macs to be so darn good that I really don't lust after Ferraris any more. I wanted an F12 for a long time, but I have concluded that an AMG GTR does everything and more as an F12 for half the price and half the headaches. I might look at the new F8 Tributo if they tank in price like it appears they are going to, but that car will have to be markedly better than a 720S to sway me. Oh yeah, I am also a former CGT owner in mourning. Occasionally I contemplate buying one back, then I start to do the math...... Hmmm, CGT with the finicky clutch and high ownership cost, or 675LT spider + 720S coupe + AMG GTR + GT3RS Weissach. First world problem as they say, eh?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
wth boston raised 2 of their lt prices big time winter specials must be over. lol

the coupe went from 192k to 219$

the napier spider went from 266 to $299

301 - 320 of 352 Posts