McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the UK i keep watching prices for 675LTC.. I have had mine for about 18 months now, have covered 14k wonderful miles. I know that’s considered a high mileage car, but even the low mileage cars seem to keep slipping in price. Al Bols has a selection of cars for sale - 2 in chicane grey but not shifting - despite supercars generally moving well.

What do people think on the outlook for these cars? Has the reliability stain for Mclaren generally now damaged the LT cars? Have the volumes of 600LT scared people away? Is it just that the dealers are rubbish and the factory doesn’t really care for owners? Is it the arrival of 765LT?

I love the car, but am constantly surprised that it struggles to be bought - despite its amazing reputation..

Any thoughts welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't care about price movements now. The depreciation to date meant I was able to afford to buy mine. I bought it to enjoy it and don't intend to sell it any time soon so as far as I'm concerned I haven't lost any money. Done 3,500kms in six weeks and loving it with no guilt about adding miles. Keep driving it and enjoying it in the knowledge that you have one of the best cars on the road today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. except right now in the UK I can’t drive it! Lockdown.. but I get your point and have been doing same until lockdown.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep sorry you are having to go through that. If we could get our federal government to pull their finger out and have our defence force handle returned traveller quarantine on the military bases rather than in the centre of our major cities we would pretty well have it licked here. Another snap five day lockdown in Victoria started last night because of a case of an infected worker linked to our hotel quarantine system :mad:.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. I think we will all be glad when some form of normalcy returns. Until then, i can always clean and polish..

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Not sure what you expect but 180-220k pound seems to be in line with other markets (EU is mostly 220-280k €) ... not as bad as the 720s market in UK and the RHD supercars market is mostly much more limited with less buyers than LHD ...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Cars are moving below £180....
well the second grey one is 179.950 thats the cheapest of the bunch (no carbon, 5500 miles, low optioned car that looks a bit like an all grey battle ship) the spec is just way lower than the others

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s the offer, not the bid! I know a car sold last week for well below that.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
That’s the offer, not the bid! I know a car sold last week for well below that.

yes the prices for EU are also offers ... many dealers will give some % on that

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think all the McLaren products from the Sport and Super Series are in terms of driving feel and performance very close to each other. Even if the individual designations suggest big differences, they are not that big. Because let's be honest, each McLaren product is very extreme compared to competing products from other brands. The market has a hard time assessing the individual models and their differences inside all the McLaren products. And the fact that the LT unfortunately does not have the special position as desired (because there are e.g. also R or HS above it) does not make it any easier for the prospective customer to assess the situation.

McLaren product management has not done everything right in defining their individual products. I think the 675LT suffers from this, as do other models. Too many models with too little differentiation in too short a time.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Im not sure I would agree.
There are definitely different markets and I am not educated on the non NA market.
Speaking only of the NA market, over the past year, there was a slight dip of price and there were no more than 20 on the market a year ago.
Fast forward to today and you have half the number of cars available.
so inventory is shrinking.
What is on offer are 675lts all over the spectrum. You have cars that do not have a clean history to high spec cars.
Not a lot to choose from.

·
Registered
368 Posts
As Topcarbon said the US prices have risen, and the ones sitting have some history but aren’t cheap not a lot to choose from here. I think people honestly spend too much time on deprecation ........cars to me are sunk cost zero return as you will never be disappointed. Many of us have purchased cars with a 400k MSRP close to a 50% discount. The MSRP on the 675’s was priced higher than the 765’s, 5 years later. Hell just enjoy the car heck of a machine in my book.

·
Registered
368 Posts
As Topcarbon said the US prices have risen, and the ones sitting have some history but aren’t cheap not a lot to choose from here. I think people honestly spend too much time on deprecation ........cars to me are sunk cost zero return as you will never be disappointed. Many of us have purchased cars with a 400k MSRP close to a 50% discount. The MSRP on the 675’s was priced higher than the 765’s, 5 years later. Hell just enjoy the car heck of a machine in my book.[/QUOTE]

nice spec here in the US needs a home

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
117 Posts
I think all the McLaren products from the Sport and Super Series are in terms of driving feel and performance very close to each other. Even if the individual designations suggest big differences, they are not that big. Because let's be honest, each McLaren product is very extreme compared to competing products from other brands. The market has a hard time assessing the individual models and their differences inside all the McLaren products. And the fact that the LT unfortunately does not have the special position as desired (because there are e.g. also R or HS above it) does not make it any easier for the prospective customer to assess the situation.

McLaren product management has not done everything right in defining their individual products. I think the 675LT suffers from this, as do other models. Too many models with too little differentiation in too short a time.
I would have to disagree with this. There is a lot of difference in feel between regular models and the LT versions. Steering ratios, suspension, power delivery, mechanical grip, weight. In fact, so much so that to me after driving a 570S and a 600LT back to back felt like more of a change than a 488 and a Pista did. Then there is the difference between a super series and sport series in feel due to the active vs traditional suspension difference. The only thing that really feels the same is the almost exact seating position.

Edit add: I choose the 600LT over the 720S after driving them both exactly because of the feel difference, even though the 720S is much faster. If I would have just gone by youtube videos, I would have left the dealership with a slightly used/already depreciated, better specced 720S instead of the new 600LT (Paint, Ultralight Wheels, Senna seats and lift where the major options) that I knew would have a lot more depreciation and was slower in a straight line. I'm very happy with my choice.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would have to disagree with this. There is a lot of difference in feel between regular models and the LT versions. Steering ratios, suspension, power delivery, mechanical grip, weight. In fact, so much so that to me after driving a 570S and a 600LT back to back felt like more of a change than a 488 and a Pista did. Then there is the difference between a super series and sport series in feel due to the active vs traditional suspension difference. The only thing that really feels the same is the almost exact seating position.
I’d say you’re spot in it’s like driving a Porsche Carrera S, and than drive a GT3. The cars become more raw, and less weight with added power. Porsche is the king of having a ton of models, and Porsche took years to figure it out if you recall they had one model 911 back in the 90’s. They learned they had to make cars for many segments, and Mclaren has only been making road cars since 2012 being a small company.

I will always have a Porsche GT car in my garage, but my 675LT is that good will not sell it. Sometimes cars become great many years post productions. Remember Porsche made the GT3 RS 4.0 600 copies some sat on floors in 2011 187k MSRP, and you can’t tough one for less than 425k. Buy cars for fun, and not what it could be worth good chance you will be disappointed. I tell my Porsche buddies don’t compare Mclaren a 11 year car company to a 70 Porsche machine that took decades to get it right. My two fav cars of all time:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts