McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

675 LT incoming (hi all) - any single insurer looking good for this?

Currently have quotes from Chubb, Hiscox, Dual

cheers

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi ,

675 LT incoming (hi all) - any single insurer looking good for this?

Currently have quotes from Chubb, Hiscox, Dual

cheers
I need this aswell and is there anyone out there who will include trackdays,even at amassive addition in premium,it,s getting silly paying for individual days...rather pay it in one lump sum

·
Registered
161 Posts
Usually insure Porsches through Manning UK. Each policy includes 5 track days, excess at 10% value of car (only for track days, not normal road use). Have not got a quote for 675LT yet since car won't be ready till March.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Usually insure Porsches through Manning UK. Each policy includes 5 track days, excess at 10% value of car (only for track days, not normal road use). Have not got a quote for 675LT yet since car won't be ready till March.
Mine is March too Ken,when you know more can you let me know please as 5 track days is worth paying double the premium for me :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Don't know what a reasonable quote is for a McLaren, but if it seems OK I will post on this thread.
Always paid around 1% of value but that's a top end broker,can easily pay 1/2% if you have lots of clauses..Some are cheap but only give £200 on windscreens and some people have been caught out as a replacement screen is over £2500 I think

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got great coverage from Paceward - some great extra benefits (like driving any other car fully comp and 100% of original value in event of right off)

But still struggling myself to get year long track day cover without it being ridiculous cost, it seems once car value is above £70k things get much harder. In most cases the 'excess' is so high you may as well live with the risk + just pay for the damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got great coverage from Paceward - some great extra benefits (like driving any other car fully comp and 100% of original value in event of right off)

But still struggling myself to get year long track day cover without it being ridiculous cost, it seems once car value is above £70k things get much harder. In most cases the 'excess' is so high you may as well live with the risk + just pay for the damage.
Paceward have quoted me on a couple of policies also, overall most expensive policy is Chubb but most bells and whistles. 675LT insurance is however twice the 991 GT3 RS policy which is strange as agreed value not twice and ins group same

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
With track days gaining more and more popularity, clauses to exclude track use have become quite common in place of the 'no race' clauses of the past. Nowadays one must read the entire policy cover to cover to be certain to understand what will be paid, and what not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hiscox are the best so far via Paceward, 1% of cars value, W8 postcode, agreed value, fully comp on any other cars etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Locktons (policy is with Chubb), which includes full track cover. For roughly £1.5m of cover spread over a few cars it's £5k, which doing the % maths is 0.33%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts