McLaren Life banner

675LT BEWARE

7K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  invisiblewave 
#1 ·
I am currently looking to buy a 675LT here in the UK and purchased from Mclaren New Forest a ceramic grey car. The undamaged one owner car actually has been invited over in a major crash on a race track. The dealer carried out the work but didn’t tell me. The car has been returned. This post is to ensure no one else is offered the car which is in my view unsellable UK Reg NJ66VAM
Water Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Asphalt

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Window Purple Automotive design Violet

See less See more
#5 ·
the peelable paint covered the real issues and I asked in writing that the car had never been in a crash and the paint was perfect. The reply was it was in top condition. On arrived to collect the car the out of line panels and poorly stuck on carbon alerted me that there could be an issue. It transpired that I was notified by an independent that the car was in a near six figure crash at Ascari driven by the owners friend. The dealer had actually repaired the car to a v poor level. The company didn’t admit to the problem until I wrote to the CEO of Harwoods who own Mclaren New Forest. I never saw the crash report but one thing for sure the car is seriously compromised

#7 ·
Full refund yes thankfully but dealer hasn’t explained properly except to say the body shop computer system isn’t linked to the sales computer system. This is Harwoods Group which has sales of 500 million so the excuse beggars belief. It was a catastrophic failure of procedures from Mclaren New Forest missing every KPI Mclaren HQ would have set them.

#11 ·
With all due respect, I think you know the answer to that question. I’m not sure what benefit it adds to the discussion for him to reply that there wasn’t one done? I guess you could shove it in his face and tell him that’s why you gets ppi done? Do you know if the dealers allows that in his country? Do you know if there are companies that do that in his country? Do you know what the laws are regarding auto sales on his country? Again, no disrespect intended but a person comes on the board to warn others about a certain cars and to potentially help others and it should be left at that. Just my .02.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.