McLaren Life banner

4441 - 4458 of 4458 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I'm a little dumb. My wife argues the little part, nonetheless was I lied to, which would break my little heart, or were they righteous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Not sure I understand how the offset would effect the bolt length but you must be right because they used the LT bolts. I always assumed that the offset was built into the wheel by bending the spokes more or less. Not making the hub of the wheel thicker or thinner. But what do I know? Not much apparently.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Not sure I understand how the offset would effect the bolt length but you must be right because they used the LT bolts. I always assumed that the offset was built into the wheel by bending the spokes more or less. Not making the hub of the wheel thicker or thinner. But what do I know? Not much apparently.

Normally for a modest offset (up to maybe 15mm) you would put a spacer behind the wheel centre. To machine, forge or cast additional offset into the wheel design itself, including the necessary testing of it, would be vastly more expensive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
^^ love the body color louvers, well done. Wish I had done that.
NV,

Thanks! It is probably just a case of the grass being greener on the other side - just today I was admiring an LT with carbon fiber louvers and thinking how nice it looks.

What does work well is body color side intakes with CF lower intakes - it makes the waist of the car look narrower. The 2nd photo in my earlier post above shows what I mean. Always thought the 458 looks nice like that, so I decided to try for the same effect with the LT.

I was in at the service garage today (again... this time with the engine cover not opening) and VP5 was in there. The P1 is such a stunning car; I enjoyed looking at it rather than watching four engineers attempting to open the engine cover on my LT. They succeeded and it is now nicely set up to work properly. Mind you, I'd like to have a word with the person at McLaren who thought it was a smart idea to dump the engine bay opening mechanism for that stupid catch system with allen key screwdriver.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
NV,

Thanks! It is probably just a case of the grass being greener on the other side - just today I was admiring an LT with carbon fiber louvers and thinking how nice it looks.

What does work well is body color side intakes with CF lower intakes - it makes the waist of the car look narrower. The 2nd photo in my earlier post above shows what I mean. Always thought the 458 looks nice like that, so I decided to try for the same effect with the LT.

I was in at the service garage today (again... this time with the engine cover not opening) and VP5 was in there. The P1 is such a stunning car; I enjoyed looking at it rather than watching four engineers attempting to open the engine cover on my LT. They succeeded and it is now nicely set up to work properly. Mind you, I'd like to have a word with the person at McLaren who thought it was a smart idea to dump the engine bay opening mechanism for that stupid catch system with allen key screwdriver.
Your spec is perfect as is, I wouldn't change a thing! Good call on all the painted areas, looks really really good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
675LT MSO titan wheel bolts

Hi guys. Is anyone interested in MSO titan bolts?? I ve got two brand new unused sets with torx socket. Can post internationaly. Opened to offers :)

Cheers

4441 - 4458 of 4458 Posts