McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 4458 Posts

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting a new thread, since now we have the first images.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-666bhp-mclaren-675-lt-heading-geneva-motor-show

Price tag is estimated at $600,000 according to Autocar!? (It pulls 5g as well?) <-- This was intended as a joke to those wondering.
675PS and 100kg lighter.
I understand it will have Trofeo R tires.
New wheel design.
Round exhausts.
Rear mesh a la P1.
Bigger diffuser, side and front splitters.
Vented rear window?
The outer parts of the front bumper look different to me as well.
New parts in the engine.
Different turbochargers/suspension and some other mechanical bits.

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
I'm sure it will be an amazing car, but for now what I really like is what McLaren do with their "car camo". First it was racetracks and now is some respect paying :D

-Jamie.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
All sold out in the UK :) although maybe not if it's £400k,think more like £290..........
So I hear, will be interesting see how they have taken it to 700PS,? and no more lag, also any improvement's in the brake steer..

Hope it is 250 only..........

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
....... £400k........?!

The price of this one is going up faster than the value of swiss francs these days....good lord.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Can't think £400k is accurate. Maybe with lots of carbon and other stuff included? The 675 in general is a much better idea though, and I think they seem to have avoided the trap of making it like a GT3 car (massive wings everywhere).

I'm (cautiously) thinking this should be good news.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Can't think £400k is accurate. Maybe with lots of carbon and other stuff included? The 675 in general is a much better idea though, and I think they seem to have avoided the trap of making it like a GT3 car (massive wings everywhere).

I'm (cautiously) thinking this should be good news.
As I said it's around £290k :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I'm sure it will be an amazing car, but for now what I really like is what McLaren do with their "car camo". First it was racetracks and now is some respect paying :D

-Jamie.
senna's 41 victories or am I wide of the mark here. ?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
So my coffee was good value then !!! It was only half full and luke warm ,and no chocolate on the side..........But the waitress helped ease the pain
If you find something that's good value in Switzerland do please take a photo!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You think for that kind of money they'd have a roof snorkel on this baby, 5g of lateral acceleration???? Who's coming up with this stuff, is someone on crack. Cheers......??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Lol!

Anyway. Back on topic.

Do like the lower stance. Suits it very much.
I'm sort of hoping it might go lower,but that's wishful thinking from a conversation I had 18 months ago with the head of product development,i don't think they could use that suspension system yet,its too soon ;)

I can confirm i'm not yet on Crack Ken,just the juice like you !!

1 - 20 of 4458 Posts