McLaren Life banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had accumulators replaced in July 2022 .I.e. less than 6 months ago and less that 1000 miles ago. I had put the car away for the winter and just got a chance to take it out for a quick ride yesterday.

Even in normal mode the suspension Feels very rough and I can feel every bump on the road rattling through the car.

could it be because the car had been sitting for a while?

or the temperatures in the 50s outside? I have stock PSS and only other thing I can think of is that I had winter mode on.

or should I suspect some other part of the suspension?

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks. I haven’t seen leaks anywhere on the garage floor. The last time it was worked on was in July after which I drove the car without noticing these issues for a couple of months before I put it away in storage.

Where do I check the fluid levels for the suspension?

2012 MP4-12C ----- 2018 720s
3,488 Posts
Top reasons it would ride rough even after accumulators, in winter:
  1. Tires are cold and stiffen up in cold. I had PSS's on my E55 and the first 20 minutes were much rougher than later because of being cold.
  2. Tire pressure is too high. It doesn't take much, even 5 PSI too high could make it ride quite rough.
  3. Lift is left up and you haven't gone fast enough to force it to go back down.

· Registered
5,652 Posts
Top reasons it would ride rough even after accumulators, in winter:
  1. Tires are cold and stiffen up in cold. I had PSS's on my E55 and the first 20 minutes were much rougher than later because of being cold.
  2. Tire pressure is too high. It doesn't take much, even 5 PSI too high could make it ride quite rough.
  3. Lift is left up and you haven't gone fast enough to force it to go back down.
4. You recently installed carbon fibre seats....😂

3,488 Posts
I’ve had accumulators fail within a year of install. In could be failed accumulators again.
Further enforcing lifespan is based on driving conditions, not time or mileage.

3,488 Posts
Is there a way to tell accumulators have failed without having to take them off? I do t have any PCC faults and the lift seems to work fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts