McLaren Life banner
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm pretty set on the LT. It's just a matter of finding one that makes sense. From what I've read on here and seen online, there appear to be about 5-6 on the market. I really like the Volcano Red I saw in the other thread with the 5 LTs in one pic but I'm sure that is already owned. They have good taste. I'm looking into the Chicane cars that have recently become available. I agree with Green Lantern too, I'm a coupe guy. Love the lines. Any dealer recommendations? Particularly ones to avoid. I've dealt with Lambo NB for my last few cars and they've been great! I know they deal with McLarens as well and have a call into them. Hopefully I can find one in the near future.
McLaren SF and Alessandro have been head and shoulders better than any dealer... actually any sales personnel for anything... that I've worked with. McLaren SF will support you in ways that I've not seen anywhere else.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I have a hunch we will see a LOT of mclaren road cars with roof scoops in the future. This management are not ones to pass up a money making opportunity and they certainly will not care if it denigrates previous models in any way. I wouldn't even be surprised to see them working on a folding roof with a scoop so that the spider variants can have it.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I agree with that.. would sell my other cars and just buy this. It's such a great car.
Heh. This sentiment always seems to appear on forums when people talk residuals. Never seen a single person actually do it though. By the time (if) resale has dipped that low, they always chicken out vs doubling down.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Missed my point J, not on about Lambos or F car, go back to say the likes of say a Jensen interceptor, the SP version, even the cooking BMW M3, the SP.....in fact any performance car that has a an SP version......

Get your point, the LT coupe is a great looking car, the roof scoop improves the stance......

But the 675LT SP is simply breath-taking, the lines angles just seem to flow with the roof down.....Its the LT-SP that will be remembered as the cream of the P11 platform.......

Its not coincidence that there has been 3 x times the amount of interest in the SP over the coupe version......
It's breathtaking for the 20% of the time the car is driven with roof down. Then the rest of the time it looks 20% worse than the coupe. I know - I had a 12C Spider.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I own the Le Mans edition thats available, and have also spent some time in and around the LT. In my opinion, both are great cars, and truthfully unless you are a pro-racecar driver you will never hit the limits of the car on a track. With that, the majority of the time is spent on the streets, and if you really think its worth 100k more to have an LT to cruise in traffic over a LM then thats your choice. I personally feel both are great, and the reason I went the LM route was rarity. It has 10% of the production of the LT coupe, and add in the spiders and that number grows even more. Long down the road, what will bring the most money for collectors is rarity, and the LM is more rare.

I know its debatably, but thats my .02. Frankly I loved my LM, only reason I am selling is business interests with my family and expanding our dealership group.
Is this you Graham?

Would say that I don't think most people can hit the limits of the 650S unless they are a pro car driver as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm pretty set on the LT. It's just a matter of finding one that makes sense. From what I've read on here and seen online, there appear to be about 5-6 on the market. I really like the Volcano Red I saw in the other thread with the 5 LTs in one pic but I'm sure that is already owned. They have good taste. I'm looking into the Chicane cars that have recently become available. I agree with Green Lantern too, I'm a coupe guy. Love the lines. Any dealer recommendations? Particularly ones to avoid. I've dealt with Lambo NB for my last few cars and they've been great! I know they deal with McLarens as well and have a call into them. Hopefully I can find one in the near future.
The Chicane Gray one at McLaren SF is available. It's priced at $469 and has nearly 0 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have a hunch we will see a LOT of mclaren road cars with roof scoops in the future. This management are not ones to pass up a money making opportunity and they certainly will not care if it denigrates previous models in any way. I wouldn't even be surprised to see them working on a folding roof with a scoop so that the spider variants can have it.

I'm surprised McLaren hasn't pushed this as a central design feature of all coupes. Seeing as how it was on the F1 and very few other companies do it - it sets them apart.

On the flip side, being selfish, I hope they don't make a ton of roof scooped coupes. I like mine relatively rare. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this you Graham?

Would say that I don't think most people can hit the limits of the 650S unless they are a pro car driver as well.
Yes sir, and thats why I say we can all discuss how great it is and the potential it has, but again is it really worth the extra 100k unless you just want to say you have an LT? And to that, theres 500 people that can say that, theres only 50 that can say they have a Le Mans....

I am obviously a racing buff too, so the Le Mans winning F1, and the throwback the LM has is just awesome. Lots of cool little details.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I'm increasingly confident on LT resale values, the reason being the impact the car his having on well heeled buyers loyal to other marques.

I'm seeing more and more comments from guys who previously dismissed McLaren, who's views are turning 180 degrees.

The glowing press and owner reviews of the LT (and the 570S coming out on top against Porsche and Audi) is drawing in more real buyers. Everyone is saying the LT is "the real deal". The most desirable supercar (hyper 3 aside).

By this summer, a high percentage of LT coupes are going to be in long term happy homes. They'll be visible at meets and on track days...but not for sale.
I think you're right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I would just start calling every dealer. I found quite a few this way. If you find one you will need to act fast as cars are moving quickly. Some dealers are concerned about selling into other territories. If you live a certain distance (I think 35 miles) from an authorized dealer and another dealer sells to you, there is some penalty from McLaren imposed on the selling dealership.

Slightly used cars are showing up and they're asking premiums over MSRP. I would try and find a new one at a dealership @MSRP.

There is a new Chicane Grey at a dealership that I think the buyer may pass on. If he does I will pm you the dealership and salesperson.
Thank you and everyone else for helping a new guy out. I look forward to your pm should that car become available. Much appreciated! I am definitely willing to pay msrp and will step up for the right car.

I really would like the 675 but the 650LM is not out of the question. I have called a few dealers as you suggested and am expressing my interest. There are a few preowned ones out there in varying amounts over MSRP. They are mostly consigned as Nadeemy predicted. I am going to try the route you suggested first. We'll see where that takes me.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Heh. This sentiment always seems to appear on forums when people talk residuals. Never seen a single person actually do it though. By the time (if) resale has dipped that low, they always chicken out vs doubling down.

I bought three C63 Black Series cars. I put my money where my mouth is. ;)

I bought multiple 991 50th Anniversary editions, as well.

I'll do the same with the LT if/when the right car presents itself (I'm particular on spec).

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
It's breathtaking for the 20% of the time the car is driven with roof down. Then the rest of the time it looks 20% worse than the coupe. I know - I had a 12C Spider.
+1

There are Spider guys, and Coupe guys. I'm a Coupe guy. There are enough of both to float both cars' values.

Manufacturers like pushing Spiders because they tend to be priced higher.

There is a weird cultural thing that states that convertibles are more "high class."

That's all bullshit to me, as a DE / track enthusiast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought three C63 Black Series cars. I put my money where my mouth is. ;)

I'll do the same with the LT if/when the right car presents itself (I'm particular on spec).
Interesting moves. Ive seen you C63 for sale before, beautiful toys. I will say though, SLS Black Series and CLK Black Series are my favorites. I have had 2 C63 BS, cool, but CLK was so pure and the SLS is just a mans machine.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
+1

There are Spider guys, and Coupe guys. I'm a Coupe guy. There are enough of both to float both cars' values.

Manufacturers like pushing Spiders because they tend to be priced higher.

There is a weird cultural thing that states that convertibles are more "high class."

That's all bullshit to me, as a DE / track enthusiast.
Well mc certainly does their part to confuse the issue, by likening the spiders to open cockpit Fo1 cars. Also it could be argued that Mr Senna is a track enthusiast of sorts, despite opting for the spider!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought three C63 Black Series cars. I put my money where my mouth is.

Interesting moves. Ive seen you C63 for sale before, beautiful toys. I will say though, SLS Black Series and CLK Black Series are my favorites. I have had 2 C63 BS, cool, but CLK was so pure and the SLS is just a mans machine.
Still have my CLK Black Series after five years. No car to date has made me smile so much and never has it failed to surprise so many of the "establishment" at track days with its ability to hunt them down and pass.

My car is/was the car that featured on TG all those years ago too.

41 - 60 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.