McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s a ton of threads out there and sometimes that makes it more difficult to research, so I’ll ask, for my 650 spider I’m looking at catless downpipes (with tune of course), what exhaust brands do you guys recommend, something that balances sound and value/price, performance is secondary to me, I want that raw visceral sound! Also, I see some are 3” pipes (velocity AP) and some 3.5 (soul) , any preferences as to why go to 3.5” (I have no plans to upgrade turbos so no need for higher airflow needs), however I heard 3.5” sounds better and louder than 3”?
Finally, I plan to keep the stock sports x pipe intact, My understanding is it doesn’t really effect overall sound/volume, it’s all about the downpipes.

·
Trusted Source for McLaren Performance
382 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please be aware that it is illegal to fit these. You are risking a whole world of pain - is it worth it?
What the hell are you talking about? Almost every exotic in phoenix has catless exhaust

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure, but if you ask me a question, don't be surprised to get an answer ..
I didn’t ask you about the legality or perceived environmental impact of going catless, don’t insert your opinions on that as it’s not relevant to the topic at hand, get yourself an EV and move on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im running with Armytrix and i love it. When the valves are open, the sound is almost deafening but when you shut them the exhaust is just slightly louder then original sports exhaust.
It also adds ~35 bhp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn’t ask you about the legality or perceived environmental impact of going catless, don’t insert your opinions on that as it’s not relevant to the topic at hand, get yourself an EV and move on!
While I agree with you 100% and have run catless downpipes on all my performance vehicles, you did post this on a public forum, so be prepared for people to voice their opinions, whether they be relevant or not.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
55 Posts
Just use @SRM_AUTOSPORTS for downpipes. That is really all you need, no need to get artsy for that. You're more than welcome to hear out my Fabspeed set up whenever you're around. There'll be bunch of us at Four Till Four Cars and coffee this Saturday.

If I was to change exhaust, I'd get a titanium made xpipe. There's not a whole lot of overthinking when it comes to our exhausts. Just get one, the sooner the better!

And about tunes - I have DME and I am very pleased. You can message me for a decent discount on their page. There are several shops around Scottsdale that can install it for you (take your ECU out and ship it out to the tuner).

·
Vendor
309 Posts
If your looking for the best piece with the quickest lead time that will last you a lifetime check out our downpipes, They come standard in 3.5" 321 stainless, Dual sleeved bellows, Billet Flanges and ball joints for precise guaranteed fitment. We also include Thermal ceramic coating and titanium heat wrap to provide heat protection up to 2500F with all of our downpipes.

All Exhaust come with a lifetime warranty

Aw Designs AW1 3.5" McLaren M838T Downpipes – Aw Designs Tuning

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just use @SRM_AUTOSPORTS for downpipes. That is really all you need, no need to get artsy for that. You're more than welcome to hear out my Fabspeed set up whenever you're around. There'll be bunch of us at Four Till Four Cars and coffee this Saturday.

If I was to change exhaust, I'd get a titanium made xpipe. There's not a whole lot of overthinking when it comes to our exhausts. Just get one, the sooner the better!

And about tunes - I have DME and I am very pleased. You can message me for a decent discount on their page. There are several shops around Scottsdale that can install it for you (take your ECU out and ship it out to the tuner).
never heard of that cars and coffee, now I do, thx!! I'm new to all of this...I think I'll do the Cars @ CASA this sat, their last one until the fall, it's also closer to me ( I'm at Gilbert)

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks all for the great input...I ended up going with the Voodoo design catless
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!have some videos on my Instagram if you want to get an idea of how they sound. Their fit and finish is perfect

1 - 18 of 18 Posts