McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What's with that black onyx combo. Is that advertising for a Viper with those fangs on the hood?

Guess I'll have to wait for the 670 LT Spider or whatever it will be called.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I am not a fan of purely cosmetic "special editions" at all, however this car is really a nod to history and very well done. Watch the video to best understand that pedigree https://youtu.be/z2h0jdjMEoU and decide for yourself.
I watched the video, the history is so rich here, why on earth mark it with a parts bin special? Of course the pieces are nice - Nappa leather, fender vents etc. but that's not the point.

·
675LT
401 Posts
I love it. For a spider it's everything you could want. Carbon roof and bonnet. Black and red or orange and red. I'd jump on it if I wanted an open top car.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
what the purpose?
They have used specific anniversary's and Race wins to help promote and sell more of the P11 cars than they would have normally.Unlike Lambo who keep coming up with special editions without racing or winning anything :D

I feel I have to edit this for being a bit cynical as i'm sure they have a cabinet full of Ploughing awards !!

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's no for me but I'm sure it will appeal to the younger generation. Best bit is the exhaust.
I feel like most people in my generation don't care about historical special editions, because we weren't alive then. Most people 18-25 i know just get it wrapped, add a sound system, and exhaust.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts