McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a 600LT but I am concerned on the reliability if anyone with one has feedback I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2019 600LT
47 Posts
Owned mine a year and a half and put about 5k miles on it. No trouble at all. You should try a search though since this has been discussed at length.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Owned mine for more than 1.5yr and zero issue other than some ”quirks” like window coming down on its own and pressing start button won’t start as if no key found (takes couple tries).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
This whole reliability issue reminds me of a recent story on CNN. The White House determined that the anti-vaccine misinformation on social media is tied back to 12 people. It starts with 12 people and then others just repeat/share, etc.

It's the same thing with the Mclarens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1.5 yrs and 5k miles with NO issues other than cracked windshield and washer fluid reservoir early on which was taken care of by warranty

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
240 Posts
1 year this month 9k miles, no major issues. Did have some little issues such as e brake short that caused some headaches, low temp radiators that has to be replaced due to rock damage, windshield revolved due to stress crack, and some electrical issues that were cleared by turning the car off, locking/unlocking the doors and restarting car….

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nearing 16 months and 4K miles with no issues. Someone above mentioned an issue with the car not detecting the key when trying to start it. I was seeing the same so I replaced my key fob batteries and it has not happened since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had my 600LT for 9 months now and no issues other than some of the ones mentioned; window goes down, have to really stand on the break to start, etc. It’s a great car

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had mine a little over 17 months and ZERO issue except for the replacement of the key fob battery.

·
Registered
60 Posts
1.5 years and 6800 miles and only had two issues. Windshield stress crack and one of my Bosch coil packs failed and caused misfire on cylinder 8. Both issues fully covered and replaced under warranty. I'm guessing the Bosch coil pack failed because the coil pack internal electronics failed after the car reached a certain temp it stopped working.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2 years 570S and soon 1 full season 600LT no major issues.

Minor issues:
2016 570S - Slow coolant leak due to bad hose clamps and cracked reservoar (~150USD in parts + labor fixed outside of warranty)
2019 600LT - Soft close adjustment on passenger door (would sometimes not fully unlatch if door was not pushed slighty while opening)

There are quirks with the software and some functions and features you will need to get used to but other than that very reliable, more reliable than most other sports cars I've owned over the years. The really expensive stuff with engine and transmission are pretty much bulletproof, especially on later cars like the 600LT.

After having driven most cars around or above this price point from Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo it is very clear to me that the 600LT offers a intimate and raw driving experience way above the competition, its not even close! If you really like driving and want to feel like one with the car a 675LT or 600LT are the best options you can find in the super car segment! 💘

·
Registered
626 Posts
2 years 570S and soon 1 full season 600LT no major issues.

Minor issues:
2016 570S - Slow coolant leak due to bad hose clamps and cracked reservoar (~150USD in parts + labor fixed outside of warranty)
2019 600LT - Soft close adjustment on passenger door (would sometimes not fully unlatch if door was not pushed slighty while opening)

There are quirks with the software and some functions and features you will need to get used to but other than that very reliable, more reliable than most other sports cars I've owned over the years. The really expensive stuff with engine and transmission are pretty much bulletproof, especially on later cars like the 600LT.

After having driven most cars around or above this price point from Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo it is very clear to me that the 600LT offers a intimate and raw driving experience way above the competition, its not even close! If you really like driving and want to feel like one with the car a 675LT or 600LT are the best options you can find in the super car segment! 💘
How does the 600LT compare to the 570S?

·
Registered
64 Posts
How does the 600LT compare to the 570S?
570S is the best value supercar on the market if you really like driving and want super car looks and performance, I'd have it easily over a new Ferrari F8 which is 2-3 times the price based on how it feels to drive and the feedback and interaction you have with the car.

600LT is everything the 570S is but made more hard core and raw, more vibrations from the engine, more engine noise, even more direct steering with less assistance, much more stabile at high speeds and under breaking but still retaining that amazing agility from the 570S. Visible flames in the rear view mirror at night are a bonus. With aftermarket downpipes the sound is even better and outstanding for a turbo car, even from inside with windows up. The optional Senna seats are amazing to sit in and really makes the driving experience feel a lot more like a race car even on the road, on the track they hold your shoulders so you can relax your arms under heavy G's and focus on steering accurately. The Senna seats are also comfortable for long journeys despite their appearance, getting in and out is more of a hassle than the comfort seats though so not recommended for a daily driven car.

·
Registered
626 Posts
570S is the best value supercar on the market if you really like driving and want super car looks and performance, I'd have it easily over a new Ferrari F8 which is 2-3 times the price based on how it feels to drive and the feedback and interaction you have with the car.

600LT is everything the 570S is but made more hard core and raw, more vibrations from the engine, more engine noise, even more direct steering with less assistance, much more stabile at high speeds and under breaking but still retaining that amazing agility from the 570S. Visible flames in the rear view mirror at night are a bonus. With aftermarket downpipes the sound is even better and outstanding for a turbo car, even from inside with windows up. The optional Senna seats are amazing to sit in and really makes the driving experience feel a lot more like a race car even on the road, on the track they hold your shoulders so you can relax your arms under heavy G's and focus on steering accurately. The Senna seats are also comfortable for long journeys despite their appearance, getting in and out is more of a hassle than the comfort seats though so not recommended for a daily driven car.
Thanks. I suspect my next car may be a 600LT. I'm not a fan of the comfort seats, they're comfortable for daily driving, but a complete waste of time as soon as you apply any kind of hustle when cornering.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts