McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping for a 600LT and the prices have a pretty big range. I have only engaged with one dealer at the moment. I'm thinking I want exterior carbon as the price difference doesn't seem to be much on some examples. Any tips on a true market price for a second owner unit? New on the lot examples still listed over $300k, but seems like there isn't much incentive to discount these. I think I'd be happy with a spider at $225k, under 4,000 miles, and carbon bits on the exterior. Is this realistic?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently started my McLaren search with a focus on the 600LT Spider. My sense is that the US east coast market is closer to $240k - $250k range for a reasonably optioned car - one prior owner/not new. I saw a new 600LT Spider (odometer @ 50 miles) at a McLaren dealer listed at $315,000. The dealer would not go below $295,000 for a purchase or lease. For a used Spider I am not sure that you will get to $225,000. I did see a few outliers in the $235k range, but those cars had minimal options. Hope that this info helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently started my McLaren search with a focus on the 600LT Spider. My sense is that the US east coast market is closer to $240k - $250k range for a reasonably optioned car - one prior owner/not new. I saw a new 600LT Spider (odometer @ 50 miles) at a McLaren dealer listed at $315,000. The dealer would not go below $295,000 for a purchase or lease. For a used Spider I am not sure that you will get to $225,000. I did see a few outliers in the $235k range, but those cars had minimal options. Hope that this info helps.
I really appreciate your input. It correlates with what I am seeing and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! I think my issue is I want more carbon factory options and those cars are $240-250k. I was looking at one local and they wanted $240k but it has 0 carbon options. That was the one in my mind that I wanted to see dropped to $225k to compensate for the availability of other units with better options. Just like the leases go, the carbon doesn't residualize so they end up being pretty similar price after 1st owner.

·
Owner
626 Posts
If you notice...... a lot of these cars just sit and don't sell. Don't be afraid to be aggressive with your offer, as long as you are ready to go if they say yes. Car dealers exist to sell cars. The longer they sit on inventory, the more they lose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you notice...... a lot of these cars just sit and don't sell. Don't be afraid to be aggressive with your offer, as long as you are ready to go if they say yes. Car dealers exist to sell cars. The longer they sit on inventory, the more they lose.
Thanks for your input! I decided to go with a pretty well discounted new car that had been on the showroom floor a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts