McLaren Life banner

161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
How can they be so inexpensive? What does branded cars mean? Salvage?
Salvage
Rebuilt
Undocumented accident
Who knows
Someone should call on one

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
damn pretty high spec for that price full carbon still can't tell if any carbon exterior but race seats and lift and 12 speaker seems like real good spec to me if in market for a coupe.

hell if it was a spider at that price would be calling

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is another thread re same. Also, my friend called. Total scam!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been keeping a close eye on the 570s/600LT Spider market over the past 3 months and the used market is really dry. Hopefully volume picks up this fall and I can land a clean used car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
conversation seems weighted to new cars but I just got a used 600LT (19 w/ 1800 miles). Optioned up over 280. I paid 210. It was a local porsche dealer that I do business with (no mac dealers in my city). Not saying this is a great price or anything but I do think it was a fair price.
I mean, it's $70k off MSRP for a barely used car so seems pretty good to me! Maybe someone, somewhere could have got it for $10k less but who cares at that point - there's an opportunity cost in waiting.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I've been keeping a close eye on the 570s/600LT Spider market over the past 3 months and the used market is really dry. Hopefully volume picks up this fall and I can land a clean used car.
They aren't making any more from the sounds of it for this year so it might be good for current owners for Price stabilisation hopefully

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
conversation seems weighted to new cars but I just got a used 600LT (19 w/ 1800 miles). Optioned up over 280. I paid 210. It was a local porsche dealer that I do business with (no mac dealers in my city). Not saying this is a great price or anything but I do think it was a fair price.
Congratulations what color car was this? I think I saw it when it got listed a week or two ago

·
Registered
187 Posts
Unrelated to leases, I had a conversation about exotic car sales with an O'Gara manager (one of the biggest dealers in LA). She stated that they were low on inventory, extending their brands to different locations, and are generally experiencing great business at the moment. "Why do you think that is?" I asked, and she replied that their high-end customers are taking less vacations and buying more luxury cars to help supplement the missing fun. :)

Reactions: Cadster

·
Registered
187 Posts
And a dealer will never tell you business is on a downturn...........
Take it with a grain of salt, of course. I see their inventory is indeed quite low, while fully staffed, with increasing prices. I bought a 570 from them in April which was seemingly their darkest time. Based on current prices, I got a nice discount.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got my 600LT from Ogara back in April and feel that I got an awesome deal plus a decent trade in on my 12C (I also traded in right before it was due for service, tires and registration so got a little bonus savings there as well). I was looking at their inventory this morning and lots of what was available back in April, specific to 600LTs anyway, is still there. No idea what their 570, GT or 720 inventory was back then so no idea what has changed on those. Same for NB McLaren, I was looking at a few of their 600LTs this morning and they still have everything for sale right now that I was looking at back in April. However, their current advertised lease deals are nowhere near what they were back then.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got my 600LT from Ogara back in April and feel that I got an awesome deal plus a decent trade in on my 12C (I also traded in right before it was due for service, tires and registration so got a little bonus savings there as well). I was looking at their inventory this morning and lots of what was available back in April, specific to 600LTs anyway, is still there. No idea what their 570, GT or 720 inventory was back then so no idea what has changed on those. Same for NB McLaren, I was looking at a few of their 600LTs this morning and they still have everything for sale right now that I was looking at back in April. However, their current advertised lease deals are nowhere near what they were back then.
I wonder why O'Gara's 600LT inventory is persisting in particular, and if that's related to the 600LT market as a whole. Their 570 inventory has turned over, and their other brands e.g. Bentley have seemingly turned over multiple times. Keep in mind I'm not an insider, and there is a lot that could be factoring in such as: wholesaling stale inventory; consignment w/clients and other dealers; etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The person I was working with mentioned that Mclaren was pushing dealers hard to clear their 600LTs because the 765 was on the way. Ogara at one point had 4 on lease special with 0 down and ranged from 1895 per month up to 2195 per month. They were averaging > 15% off to hit those #s with 0 down given the lease residuals at the time. NB was willing to match even though they were advertising the typical 15k-20K down on their leases. Once that ended in April they were going to then push their 720s so it might be that the price point for a 720s was just to close to the their remaining 600LTs and therefore those 600LTs arent moving. This is my guess based upon what I was hearing at the time.

There is another thread here about McLaren no longer building and shipping like a typical manufacturer does and instead will move to more of a Ferrari model where every car has to be customer ordered. That may be driving some dealers to want to sell more at MSRP for things like the 600LT that should be fairly rare in the end. Again, just my guess here as McLaren has been allover the place with putting out too many new models back to back pushing dealers to discount things too much to move them in bulk and ultimately costing themselves and us as buyers on the depreciation side a lot of money. McLaren may have finally figured out that building fewer cars at MSRP is probably a better model than building far more than can be reasonably sold without their crazy dealer discount incentives to move them and in the end be better off financially plus it should help with the depreciation issues many are unhappy about.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mclaren should follow another Ferarri move... offer free extended warranties on CPO'd cars. They need to change the perception of the brand from unreliable to reliable by offering free warranty.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Mclaren should follow another Ferarri move... offer free extended warranties on CPO'd cars. They need to change the perception of the brand from unreliable to reliable by offering free warranty.
Most dealers mclaren and others hardly have any used inventory at the moment. They are literally begging to buy used cars from people... The perception on these forums doesn't exist in real life.

These types of recommendations that people mention will come with other drawbacks.... Dealers selling brand new inventory at full MSRP without manufacture rebates/discounts. Maybe that day is coming sooner rather then later. When that happens then maybe they start contributing the "free warranty"... Careful what you wish for.

Reactions: Cadster

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unrelated to leases, I had a conversation about exotic car sales with an O'Gara manager (one of the biggest dealers in LA). She stated that they were low on inventory, extending their brands to different locations, and are generally experiencing great business at the moment. "Why do you think that is?" I asked, and she replied that their high-end customers are taking less vacations and buying more luxury cars to help supplement the missing fun. :)
I can corroborate that with another data point. Last month, my Lamborghini dealer said June was the biggest volume month they had ever had, and 18 days into July, they had already moved past June. Prices are up. Inventory is down. He said much the same thing, that his customers are not spending any money on T&E right now. Sadly, about his only source of inventory are restaurant and bar owners moving off their cars.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The person I was working with mentioned that Mclaren was pushing dealers hard to clear their 600LTs because the 765 was on the way. Ogara at one point had 4 on lease special with 0 down and ranged from 1895 per month up to 2195 per month. They were averaging > 15% off to hit those #s with 0 down given the lease residuals at the time. NB was willing to match even though they were advertising the typical 15k-20K down on their leases. Once that ended in April they were going to then push their 720s so it might be that the price point for a 720s was just to close to the their remaining 600LTs and therefore those 600LTs arent moving. This is my guess based upon what I was hearing at the time.

There is another thread here about McLaren no longer building and shipping like a typical manufacturer does and instead will move to more of a Ferrari model where every car has to be customer ordered. That may be driving some dealers to want to sell more at MSRP for things like the 600LT that should be fairly rare in the end. Again, just my guess here as McLaren has been allover the place with putting out too many new models back to back pushing dealers to discount things too much to move them in bulk and ultimately costing themselves and us as buyers on the depreciation side a lot of money. McLaren may have finally figured out that building fewer cars at MSRP is probably a better model than building far more than can be reasonably sold without their crazy dealer discount incentives to move them and in the end be better off financially plus it should help with the depreciation issues many are unhappy about.

doesn't Ogara do the same thing? As in asking for 30k customer cash down?

I actually see a white one with that printed underneath, i'm assuming if i told them 0 down they would go for it?

161 - 180 of 193 Posts