McLaren Life banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Agreed, I have been eyeing a few 600lt’s. I am trying to get one to match my 675LTS. Sarth grey, one available in the UK but they have not accepted my offer yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
will be interesting to see what happens to the 600LT market now that the entire Sport Series has been retired. The 675LT values where hurt by the greatness of the 720S replacement and the upcoming 765LT probably won't help either. But the soon to be released Sport Series replacement is going to be a completely new platform with a V6 Twin Turbo Hybrid power train.I have no doubt the performance will be there BUT that will leave the 600LT as the best and last of it's V8 class. Time will tell but I'm hanging on to mine!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is the V6 a for sure thing for the next sports series? Is there 100% verification it will be a V6? Could it be possible to have the V8 with a hybrid system?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is the V6 a for sure thing for the next sports series? Is there 100% verification it will be a V6? Could it be possible to have the V8 with a hybrid system?
GM at my dealer confirmed its a V6 Twin Turbo Hybrid and will have @ 670HP.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will be hanging on my mine. V6 doesn't sound enticing to me right now but things change over time. I like simpler designs instead of complex hybrids... i guess its because there's less that can go wrong.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same scenario being played out at Ferrari SF90 and V6/Hybrid coming. Will be expensive and extra complicated tech that will take time to get right. I also don't like the idea of battery costs long term. Prefer simplicity

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd be curious to see how McLaren (and other low volume super and hyper car manufacturers) will deal with the CA hybrid warranty requirements. The code says that if any driving mode generates 0 emissions it qualifies. Maybe the idea that the electric motors and battery supplement the ICE vs can run on electric only disqualify them from this? I think this is how the P1 works but we will have to wait and see how a higher volume model, like the sports and super series, are designed. I can’t see McLaren wanting to warranty batteries for 10 years and other components for up to 15 years, especially on cars that sit far more than they are driven which for these high voltage batteries is actually the worst thing for them.

Defects and Performance Warranty for PZEVOnly covers vehicles certified to the PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) standard Reference: CCR §196215 years/ 150k miles (except battery)
10 years/ 150k miles battery or other energy storage device

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is such a good time to be a buyer!
It still is, maybe even more so now. Cars keep sitting, prices keep dropping.

It’s honestly a bit nuts, there’s got to be as rebound coming at some point in the near future.

I’m having a hard time finding as compatible car for the money...

·
Registered
31 Posts
friend inquired about a 600LT in Miami, of all places. Where deals never happen, for any car.

Anyway, apparently 0 downpayment, only basic first month etc up front

2500 miles annually, 2300 a month. Not too bad, i'm not a fan of a 2500 mile lease, however. waiting for dealer to send it to him in writing.

People who are looking or just bought/leased a 600 should post here.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good luck with that ^^^^.

It actually does more harm then good. People tend to leave out a lot of details and brag about how good of a deal they get... then many months later they will start to disclose how they got such car.

Buying cars that are press cars, pure mclaren cars, cars without warranties, cars bought at auctions, local dealer tax credit incentives, trade-ins, credit worthiness, leasing companies used, one off dealer specials to meet monthly/quarterly numbers, etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
friend inquired about a 600LT in Miami, of all places. Where deals never happen, for any car.

Anyway, apparently 0 downpayment, only basic first month etc up front

2500 miles annually, 2300 a month. Not too bad, i'm not a fan of a 2500 mile lease, however. waiting for dealer to send it to him in writing.

Without knowing what the year and MSRP is its hard to say whether this is a good deal or not. On a 19 coupe with a base MSRP (No Options) this is not good. On a 20 spider with a 300K + MSRP this sounds like it could be a decent deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
conversation seems weighted to new cars but I just got a used 600LT (19 w/ 1800 miles). Optioned up over 280. I paid 210. It was a local porsche dealer that I do business with (no mac dealers in my city). Not saying this is a great price or anything but I do think it was a fair price.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
conversation seems weighted to new cars but I just got a used 600LT (19 w/ 1800 miles). Optioned up over 280. I paid 210. It was a local porsche dealer that I do business with (no mac dealers in my city). Not saying this is a great price or anything but I do think it was a fair price.
A fair price and great spec. Congratulations.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck with that ^^^^.

It actually does more harm then good. People tend to leave out a lot of details and brag about how good of a deal they get... then many months later they will start to disclose how they got such car.

Buying cars that are press cars, pure mclaren cars, cars without warranties, cars bought at auctions, local dealer tax credit incentives, trade-ins, credit worthiness, leasing companies used, one off dealer specials to meet monthly/quarterly numbers, etc.

i know it's tough, but i would say lease or buying new. not used. that could help other members get good deals. BMW forums are great with this. Sure much smaller market for Mac, but it would still help.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Crazy how cheap all of their macs are. They are all kinda fugly spec-ish.
All are about 15k-30k under avg market value.
I don’t need another, but I’m sure there is a diamond in one of their
Cars.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts