McLaren Life banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Try Ogara in BH and talk to Manfried. They took a Curacao Blue Spider in on trade a few weeks ago and its now for sale. The previous owner traded it for a 720. I actually test drove it and it was flawless. I ended up getting a new vega blue spider as their new ones were discounted so much I was able to buy new vs used last like my last 2 McLarens. Lots of CF, Senna seats and full car PPF. Given what they are doing on trades Id guess you could come in with a 10% reduced offer and be in the ballpark on negotiating.
Thanks, I'm only a few minutes from BH Ogara but I'd prefer to buy private party if possible to avoid taxes. I'll check it out regardless : )

·
Registered
126 Posts
Id be curious to know how to avoid taxes buying privately. Once the bill of sale is filed, sales taxes are required regardless arent they? Unless the seller marks down the actual selling price Im not sure how you avoid this in CA.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Id be curious to know how to avoid taxes buying privately. Once the bill of sale is filed, sales taxes are required regardless arent they? Unless the seller marks down the actual selling price Im not sure how you avoid this in CA.
I have two homes but my residency is in Arizona. If you buy a car via private party and register in AZ, you don't pay sales tax.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have two homes but my residency is in Arizona. If you buy a car via private party and register in AZ, you don't pay sales tax.
Isn't the law to pay taxes in the state where you first register the car? And in that case, you could buy from a dealer and still pay AZ taxes?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Isn't the law to pay taxes in the state where you first register the car? And in that case, you could buy from a dealer and still pay AZ taxes?
In Arizona if you buy a used private party car from anywhere in the US, you pay zero sales tax. If you buy a used car from a dealer, in AZ or anywhere you pay AZ sales tax

·
Registered
152 Posts
I currently own a 2019 gt3rs coming from 2 570s.... as much as I loved my 570s I prefer my Porsche over them any day. 9k rpm and the incredible sound! Turbo lag on the Mclaren was terrible, off the line any car could beat a 570s to 30 mph unless you activate launch control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well hopefully the 600LT is better than the 570S in turbo lag. I have a 2019 GT3RS as well and a 600LT on the way. My GT3RS has the full Dundon power package, with street headers and loud muffler. It just screams. There are not too many cars that sound as good imo. My 600LT has the Novitech exhaust and tune, so I am looking forward to how it compares.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a dundon package on my GT4 which I'm parting out. I do love the raw feel of a Porsche GT car and rowing my own gears but I'm lusting after the 570s/600LT torque and chassis lightness.

·
Registered
133 Posts
An ideal garage would contain both a GT3RS and a 570S/variant. They're different and very capable machines in their own regards.

I almost pulled the trigger on a 991.1 GT3RS, but found the 570S's character was more suited to my intended use (canyons). Contrary to popular opinion, I personally like the 570S's turbo lag - to me it makes the drive more dynamic and thus exciting. If you're only going to the track, get a GT3RS all day long.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
these are from an internal documentation from Mclaren - no idea where the guy who put them online got them, but according to him thats the whole production run for UK and EU ... not that many cars if you ask me ...

Reactions: John Galt

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Any idea of global numbers rather than just UK and EU?
no,

but I would take the LHD numbers x2,5 and the RHD number x1,5... that would make quiet some sense I guess judging by overall market size

·
Registered
246 Posts
Anyone finding any killer deals on LT Spiders? Tough to gauge market right now with COVID...Lowest spider I have seen listed is $216k but doesn't have a lot of carbon and around 3k miles.

·
Registered
567 Posts
these are from an internal documentation from Mclaren - no idea where the guy who put them online got them, but according to him thats the whole production run for UK and EU ... not that many cars if you ask me ...

View attachment 201837 View attachment 201838
Yet a quick search for 600LT on cars.com shows 85 results. Doesn't look like very few of them here in US

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think that a lot of the cars are for sale. I don’t think it is a representation of the total number of cars produced. Just shows the current market and the fact that it is still very much a buyers market.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry typo above. I meant a large proportion of the manufactured cars are available not a good representation of the cars produced.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts