McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
There are so many of these for sale that there must be fairly large discounts to be had. Barely used cars trade way under MSRP already. Market seems flooded with 600 LTs.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
There are so many of these for sale that there must be fairly large discounts to be had. Barely used cars trade way under MSRP already. Market seems flooded with 600 LTs.
Just looked on cars and big 100k spread on coupe prices listed

One coupe 223k at long island another one 3xx versions even on roof scoop cars.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just looked on cars and big 100k spread on coupe prices listed

One coupe 223k at long island another one 3xx versions even on roof scoop cars.

well there are also about 120-140k in add ons possible with the 600LT if you wanna have scoop and so on ... same as with 720s ... a 255k base spec is not a 400k MSO 720s and somehow that also reflects in the prices ...

·
Registered
524 Posts
They are out there and deals can be had. A quick search on ebay shows 28 cars and on cargurus there are some 48 listings (surely some overlaps there). double digit discounts are easily available.

·
Super Moderator
4,444 Posts
Appreciate the insight, any recommendations for a contact in or near Florida?
If you want a car that is new, a dealer will be restricted to selling it within their area, or at least they are supposed to be. For used, any dealer is fair game. Keep in mind lot cars that have sat are now being "punched" to start the warranty clock. Those are now technically used even though they only have delivery miles on them.

For buying, I would recommend starting with the dealer you intend to have service the car. If they have a car on the lot that you like, start there. If that dealer won't play ball, go nationwide. Autotrader shows 141 600LT cars for sale. Make a list of the ones you like, and the dealerships they are at, and start making phone calls.

Personally, I'd only buy a car from a dealership so that I'd know it had been inspected, certified and given a clean bill of health. I'm sure there are others that would disagree with that stance though.

-Jamie.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, quite a few LT coupes for sale but currently not the case for spiders. Just checked Cars.Com and only (31) cars listed for sale nationwide and all listed at MSRP. I'm hearing dealers are offering discounts but they are not significant. Would be interesting to hear from anyone that recently purchased a new spider and what they're seeing.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Can anyone be more specific on the % discount that can be had for new 2020 600 LT Spiders......10,12,15 % ?
No ... because it depends on the car(e.g. how much MSO stuff), the buyer (how much follow up business is likely and how good is the relationship with dealer ) and how urgent the dealer needs to get rid of it ... in general above 10-12% their margins are just getting quiet low so they will not be too happy to make such deals if they don't need to to hit their targets

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Can anyone be more specific on the % discount that can be had for new 2020 600 LT Spiders......10,12,15 % ?
Every dealer is different on how much they will take off but do some research go to their websites look for 600lt that are marked as having a thousand miles or less and compare window sticker to asking price most likely those were punched cars to mark that they were sold to pump up the dealer sold numbers for more allocations or to meet some quota

that will show you right there what kind of discount you can get to start plus possibly more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Every dealer is different on how much they will take off but do some research go to their websites look for 600lt that are marked as having a thousand miles or less and compare window sticker to asking price most likely those were punched cars to mark that they were sold to pump up the dealer sold numbers for more allocations or to meet some quota

that will show you right there what kind of discount you can get to start plus possibly more.
Sorry but what does "punched cars" mean exactly? I was looking at 570s spiders but also heard great deals could be had with 600LTs. Looking to lease and would like to stay within the 36 month warranty.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Sorry but what does "punched cars" mean exactly? I was looking at 570s spiders but also heard great deals could be had with 600LTs. Looking to lease and would like to stay within the 36 month warranty.
punched means dealer marked car as sold but is still on the lot with no actual 1st owner

someone here can prob explain better.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Basically punched means the in-service date. As in "punching the clock" or "punch in" at work. I suppose that is the origin of the term. Dealers will punch the car, even though it hasn't been sold to a real buyer, to classify it as sold and make their quota and/or qualify for manufacturer incentives. Car must then be sold as a used car, albeit one with no miles and no previous owners. But the warranty clock is running. I believe the manufacturer can only recognize the revenue once the car is punched. So they effectively encourage dealers at quarter and year end via various incentive programs, rebates, etc.

That's my understanding, at least.

·
Registered
655 Posts
punched means dealer marked car as sold but is still on the lot with no actual 1st owner

someone here can prob explain better.
They also punch them to get more allocations. Bought both my mclarens puched and for $100k off sticker. My 650 spyder was missing 6mo of warranty and I never missed it. My current 720s actually got restored to full warranty by the dealership when I purchased it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts