McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a Ceramic Gray 600LT Spider. Put about 300 miles on it so far and a DME Stage 2 Tune (Downpipes next week) but i have yet to see any flames what so ever. Was told its because i havent gotten the pipes hot enough but everyone makes it seem like its super common to see them right away. Anyone have the same thought as me? Ide love to hear anyone else's experience.

·
Owner
511 Posts
You do have to get the cat's pretty hot. Try to keep the RPMs at 5000 and above for a few seconds and then really get on it. Another way to do it, that is approved by McLaren, is to run the 40 second oil test, then blip the throttle between 4000 and 5000 RPM until you see flames shooting out. Don't do this for more than 20 seconds worth of shooting flames. It's best to take off right after doing this. You'll then see flames for the next few minutes while driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine is totally stock and I see flames only at night when driving normally during downshifts

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just took delivery of a Ceramic Gray 600LT Spider. Put about 300 miles on it so far and a DME Stage 2 Tune (Downpipes next week) but i have yet to see any flames what so ever. Was told its because i havent gotten the pipes hot enough but everyone makes it seem like its super common to see them right away. Anyone have the same thought as me? Ide love to hear anyone else's experience.
I assume you're not going to track the car if you're going with a traditional tune as I've been reading here that your car will easily overheat during a normal 20 min session.

·
Registered
204 Posts
many 600LT owners here track their cars aggressively with tunes just fine. i tracked my tuned 600LT during summer cali heat in 40min drive intervals at Thermal Club with absolutely no overheating issues

·
Registered
78 Posts
many 600LT owners here track their cars aggressively with tunes just fine. i tracked my tuned 600LT during summer cali heat in 40min drive intervals at Thermal Club with absolutely no overheating issues
Who tuned your car and is it an "off the shelf" or "custom" tune? I wonder if the cooling is better on the 600LT vs the 570s?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am I the only one here who couldn’t care less if my car shoots flame or not? I buy the 600LT because the way it drive and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Am I the only one here who couldn’t care less if my car shoots flame or not? I buy the 600LT because the way it drive and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it would seem so. shooting flames is apparently why many buy one :rolleyes:. there are enough asinine youtubers showing how it's done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts