McLaren Life banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Thanks kraftpeeg! I got your PM’s - thanks for clarifying! I’ll check with my friend, though with New Years the next time I see him is Thursday.

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that McLaren Charlotte is committing fraud by selling a used car as new?
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that McLaren Charlotte is committing fraud by selling a used car as new?
‘Not sure fraud if a dealer ordered car, and it’s been test driven. My local dealer will let you test drive, and if warranty not punched it’s new. Ordered car should have less than 10 miles for movement and final checks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
‘Not sure fraud if a dealer ordered car, and it’s been test driven. My local dealer will let you test drive, and if warranty not punched it’s new. Ordered car should have less than 10 miles for movement and final checks.
As I understand the facts, the OP bought the car. The OP had the car delivered to Florida. The OP tried to back out of the deal, but the dealer would not let him. Therefore, the car has been sold to the OP, regardless of whether the warranty has been punched. How is that not used?

I don't fully understand how you can buy a car without it being registered. At best, if this can be considered a new car, the dealer is holding the OP's money hostage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds odd had to read again. My assumption car is sold to poster, and dealer wouldn’t void deal so he’s on the hook for the cash. Next, dealer tells poster if he gets a buyer they can run the deal via the dealer, but it’s a used car to your point. Only way car is not registered the dealer is holding the paperwork, and car is not showing sold? If that’s the case funds never transferred?? If poster is legal owner it’s a used car bottom line ......maybe reading too much into poster is just stating it’s a new car, but will be sold used through the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're both greatly overthinking this for no reason.

Papers are signed and the car exists. Registration/title/sale paperwork was probably not yet filed.

Dealer is meeting the buyer halfway as a result. If they can find someone to take it, they can tear that paperwork up and start fresh.

If the car was never registered/titled and the warranty is as new, it's a new car.

You can find new cars for sale with 2000 miles because they were demos and never registered.

You can also find new cars that have been owned by 5 different dealers but never sold/titled and are new cars.

As a buyer, it won't matter to you at all. Dealer and manufacturer hold all the same responsibility to you as any other new car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You're both greatly overthinking this for no reason.

Papers are signed and the car exists. Registration/title/sale paperwork was probably not yet filed.

Dealer is meeting the buyer halfway as a result. If they can find someone to take it, they can tear that paperwork up and start fresh.

If the car was never registered/titled and the warranty is as new, it's a new car.

You can find new cars for sale with 2000 miles because they were demos and never registered.

You can also find new cars that have been owned by 5 different dealers but never sold/titled and are new cars.

As a buyer, it won't matter to you at all. Dealer and manufacturer hold all the same responsibility to you as any other new car.
New car sales are highly regulated. Under North Carolina law, a “new motor vehicle means a motor vehicle that has never been the subject of a completed, successful, or conditional sale that was subsequently approved other than between new motor vehicle dealer.”

Thus, under the law, sales between dealers do not count.

But here, there has been a sale. Otherwise the OP is free to walk away, right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
New car sales are highly regulated. Under North Carolina law, a “new motor vehicle means a motor vehicle that has never been the subject of a completed, successful, or conditional sale that was subsequently approved other than between new motor vehicle dealer.”

Thus, under the law, sales between dealers do not count.

But here, there has been a sale. Otherwise the OP is free to walk away, right?
An agreement for a sale was made. Until the paperwork is filed and the title is issued, the car has not been sold. I can't speak to NC law, but generally everywhere the issuance of a title is what counts.

·
Registered
197 Posts
An agreement for a sale was made. Until the paperwork is filed and the title is issued, the car has not been sold. I can't speak to NC law, but generally everywhere the issuance of a title is what counts.
Well, since we are talking about NC law, I think it’s relevant the the NC statute says nothing about issuance of title.
And even if the OP doesn’t have the actual title, he probably has equitable title.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, is the car still to sell? Im from Germany and I am in the middle of the buying process being unsure to take a 570s spider which is offered at our local mclaren dealer and maybe your car. Do you know if there are any differences between a European / German and an US delivery?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
BUMP. car available for 248k. sister in law house foreclosure in 9 days.

brand new. bought for 289k.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts