McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on Jalopnik. Not a lot of information out there other than the Chinese picture that "leaked" but if the time is to be believed, the record around the Nurburgring was just destroyed.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That's an incredible time if true... Close to 300 more hp and better aero and suspension/tire enough to pull nearly a minute out of the MP4-12C? I'm not exactly sure about that.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
The P1 isn't going to go unseen at the ring let alone have a lap time go unannounced to be leaked via Jalopnik.

Besides a guy by the name of GF Williams posting on a chinese web site :rolleyes:

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
The P1 isn't going to go unseen at the ring let alone have a lap time go unannounced to be leaked via Jalopnik.

Besides a guy by the name of GF Williams posting on a chinese web site :rolleyes:
They credited GF Williams as they shared his P1 photo, but the other photo was shared by Gentspy (a moderator on the Chinese blog) on ML a few hours ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to Wikipedia the Porsche 956 did 6:25.91 in a Group C race and 6:11.13 Qualifying back in 1983. So 30 years later a road going car can get close to that time.... might be believable.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
If I am not wrong that is a projected simulator time which has been presented as a potential time on the presentations on the P1 to potential customers? Someone correct me if i'm completely off mark though which is not impossible I admit....

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Think your all dreaming,remember the projected 12c ring time.!! It will be under 7 minutes,maybe by 10 seconds,but not at this level.Just to gain 2or 3 seconds around a circuit takes a massive difference in performance,its not going to be 20 seconds quicker than a zonda R on cut sliks.
Plus they haven't done a race lap of the ring yet,thats planned later on in the year;)

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Think your all dreaming,remember the projected 12c ring time.!! It will be under 7 minutes,maybe by 10 seconds,but not at this level.Just to gain 2or 3 seconds around a circuit takes a massive difference in performance,its not going to be 20 seconds quicker than a zonda R on cut sliks.
Plus they haven't done a race lap of the ring yet,thats planned later on in the year;)
+1. That's what I was thinking. ;)

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Jalopnik should have contacted Mclare prior to spreading pixie dust.

Irregardless I don't believe Mclaren responded to Jalopnik.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Doug what they are saying is true,difficult to make that up if its not come directly from the MTC:)
Andy are you referring to this below?

The image in question was included on a slide which was part of a mood board to inspire the design team for the McLaren P1™, and not the engineers, who are working to a target time of ‘merely’ sub-7 minutes.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy are you referring to this below?

The image in question was included on a slide which was part of a mood board to inspire the design team for the McLaren P1™, and not the engineers, who are working to a target time of ‘merely’ sub-7 minutes.
That's what I got from the MTC Doug :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts