McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So having just lost out on a 600lt I’m back to
My original search for a 2018/19 570spider in orange or mantis green which seems a more sensible option at 50% less in price
Now been obsessed with them I know exactly what spec is a must
It must have lux and sec packs and carbon paddles and iris and gears surrounds .
it’s a big decision at it as to be right so also would want one with McLaren warranty
So my only question is to you 570spider owners is this

do you regret buying yours??
heard good and bad story’s engine lights and cracking windscreens unstable at high speeds so was going to opt for the high downforce kit expensive yes but they look so much better with the wing on the rear
I understand the maintenance costs parts etc and if looked after don’t mind spending £5 k a year in service and parts and warranty

I’m coming from a m4 convertible so a great car in its own right . Owned for over 2 years without any issues

·
Registered
210 Posts
While I don't have a spider, I absolutely LOVE my coupe and have ZERO regrets. I've had it a year and a half and still want to drive it everyday! Only hiccup I've had was the driver window would roll up and then back halfway down when I got out of the car. This was occurring at the time I bought the car with 4K miles and was fixed when I took it in for it's annual service over the summer. Outside of that, no issues to report at 8K miles. (Knock on wood!)

While I'd love to move to a 720, I can't justify the cost as I'm still really digging the 570. I'll avoid test driving a 720 and continue to enjoy my car for at least another year or 2 before looking at upgrading.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that’s reassuring to know . I’ve heard a lot about the windows also but they seem to class that as a quirk.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Windscreens are a 720 issue, not a 570 one. One guy posted ages ago saying he thought his was unstable at high speed on track. Sounded legit. From memory he had various things checked. Alignment, camber whatnot. Never heard this complaint before. My one was as expected on track..
Btw, never ever regretted buying my 570. Absolutely loved it and now it has turned into a 720. Both are awesome.

My advice is to always get extended warranty. Negotiate it in while buying. You will only basically be up for service and consumables then. Can get away with $2k ish a year. Possibly only tyres needed depending if you track and how much

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That isn’t correct, windscreens are very much a 570 (and 600) problem, many reports on here from sports series owners of cracked windshields (including mine).
I thought so it’s because they are so thin and the compound they use was a problem under warranty it’s fine they will replace

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2015 M4 Convertible — great car — obviously completely different league from 570s. I took over a lease on a 570s spider over a year-ago and have driven it ~4K miles. Car is just a pleasure to drive at any speed and even a year later the novelty has not worn off. I had a bit too much vibration in my steering wheel initially at higher speeds but had the tires rebalanced at my 2nd service and the car is now smooth as silk. Aside from that the car has been trouble free. One thing you should prepare for is the attention factor which can be annoying at times. I like just driving and don’t need/want to be seen in my Mac — but it draws attention everywhere you go. People will take pictures and videos on the highway at traffic lights etc... The M4 gives you pretty good performance and is fun to drive and draws absolutely 0 attention which is nicer at times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2015 M4 Convertible — great car — obviously completely different league from 570s. I took over a lease on a 570s spider over a year-ago and have driven it ~4K miles. Car is just a pleasure to drive at any speed and even a year later the novelty has not worn off. I had a bit too much vibration in my steering wheel initially at higher speeds but had the tires rebalanced at my 2nd service and the car is now smooth as silk. Aside from that the car has been trouble free. One thing you should prepare for is the attention factor which can be annoying at times. I like just driving and don’t need/want to be seen in my Mac — but it draws attention everywhere you go. People will take pictures and videos on the highway at traffic lights etc... The M4 gives you pretty good performance and is fun to drive and draws absolutely 0 attention which is nicer at times.
That’s great to here , mines bright yellow so does get some attention. I bet the McLaren does get loads tho great at first then a bit of a pain after a while ... tell you what tho finding the right McLaren is really hard I’ve been looking for a while

1 - 8 of 8 Posts