McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on this modified 570S: some folks told me DME tunes are on the “edge” and are ripe for issues ? Any feedback? This one seems like a well priced highly optioned car...does the aftermarket tune and exhaust lower its value ? 800hp seems like its really pushing this car. This ones been listed for a while so perhaps red flags are up for why it hasn’t sold

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Any thoughts on this modified 570S: some folks told me DME tunes are on the “edge” and are ripe for issues ? Any feedback? This one seems like a well priced highly optioned car...does the aftermarket tune and exhaust lower its value ? 800hp seems like its really pushing this car. This ones been listed for a while so perhaps red flags are up for why it hasn’t sold
If the cats have been removed, then it isn't road legal. You also won't get any warranty cover, should you be looking for that.

Any "tune" done without a rolling road is a risk.

Typically, this would lower the value to most buyers, but not to the few that would do this to the car, but they need to be looking at the time it's for sale. The engine and transaxle have almost certainly been stressed beyond what they were designed for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks like a strong running car from the upgrades if done right. That would be the biggest question. When and who did the mods? You did notice the "Option" for the upgraded turbos.....Yes? I would guess they're either installed now or will be removed depending on the buyers choice.

Assuming you don't need dealer warranty / support, have an independent shop at your disposal in the event things need to be looked at, then at the right price ............it's a personal call. Modified cars that are done by reputable installers prove to be reliable. Modified cars that bounce from one shop to the other chasing gremlins not so much. Do your homework and (IMHO) yes... the average buyer of a McLaren does not desire modified cars. I would say most looking to eventually modify would want to do it themselves.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Don’t these guys also do rentals?
If this car was a rental I would definitely look for something else
So many out there to

·
Registered
118 Posts
DME tunes on 570s are probably one of the safest tunes you can have. I wouldn't doubt this cars reliability for a second.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts