McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New to the forum and I did some reading but was unable to find a source to answer my question.
I'm in the market for a new (used) toy and deciding between the 570s and a Huracan. When it comes to the 570s though there are several available in my immediate SoCal market. I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the different production years. Is there a substantial difference between a 2017 and a 2019? Any year I should specifically avoid?

Thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
As far as I know the only change was made to the dash screen during the '17 MY.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,
New to the forum and I did some reading but was unable to find a source to answer my question.
I'm in the market for a new (used) toy and deciding between the 570s and a Huracan. When it comes to the 570s though there are several available in my immediate SoCal market. I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the different production years. Is there a substantial difference between a 2017 and a 2019? Any year I should specifically avoid?

Thank you
16' had the main screen (behind the wheel) was split into 3 screens. The models beyond 17 had a single screen. The back up camera moved from the center stack screen in 16 to the screen behind the wheel. That's the only change that Im aware of.

I was cross shopping both cars. I prefer the feel, balance and seating view from the 570s. Both are great cars but the 570s stole my heart. Good Luck with your search!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was cross shopping both cars as well. To echo the above posters, the only difference is the dash cluster. I never buy the first model year of any car and always try and buy the newest as they most likely have the small issues resolved.

The 570S just felt like more of an event. The door, etc. Its faster and much safer as well.

·
Registered
895 Posts
no real update except center cluster to single display
along with way better backup cam
there are some unwritten updates. Coolant tanks. Hoses. Maybe clamps. Hard to say. But I think some early 2016/2017 had some coolant tank issues but all replaced under warranty if broken. If your looking used just make sure it’s been updated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you.
Good to see that people were cross-shopping both cars too. I'm actually yet to drive the 570s to make sure its right for me. But, coming from an NSX, I swore the next car would have fancy doors so I can't not have that. On the other hand, the Huracan seems to be pretty bulletbroof whereas McLaren have a bit of an in-the-shop-routinely reputation atm. I've narrowed my search mostly to 2018 and 2019 models as the 2017 doesn't really seem much cheaper. Now I need to figure out which options are "can't miss" options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you.
Good to see that people were cross-shopping both cars too. I'm actually yet to drive the 570s to make sure its right for me. But, coming from an NSX, I swore the next car would have fancy doors so I can't not have that. On the other hand, the Huracan seems to be pretty bulletbroof whereas McLaren have a bit of an in-the-shop-routinely reputation atm. I've narrowed my search mostly to 2018 and 2019 models as the 2017 doesn't really seem much cheaper. Now I need to figure out which options are "can't miss" options.
Looks like we are on the same page, the depre curve shows marginal difference between 16 and 17.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you.
When you test drive one you'll be convinced. I had a list of cars I wanted for my next supercar. I test drove the 570S and was instantly sold. I ended up finding a great deal out of state and had to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you.
When you test drive one you'll be convinced. I had a list of cars I wanted for my next supercar. I test drove the 570S and was instantly sold. I ended up finding a great deal out of state and had to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've also been narrowing my search down between a Huracan Spyder and a 570s Spider, with Huracan 610-4's around $230k used and 2017-18 Macs around $160-170k, I'm likely going in the direction of the 570s. I previously was going to buy this winter but our move to Arizona is pushing out the purchase til late summer as if you buy a private party car there, you don't need to pay sales tax. Come late summer, I'll post a "Want to buy" and hopefully someone with a '17-18 570s in McLaren Orange or Mantis Green is looking to sell!

In regards to the extended warranty, I'd prefer it a few months were left when I purchase to ensure its fully sorted but I'll probably not extend the warrant as I'm fairly mechanically inclined and most issues are electrical gremlins that are sorted out with a OBD clearing device. Additionally I want to go with catless downpipes and a DME/Dyno Spectrum tune.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Question, I have a 2017 with single screen but my backup shows up on the IRIS. I need an update?

·
Registered
234 Posts
whatever year you purchase make sure it's had all of the available software updates which addressed several of the pesky electrical gremlins. Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
no real update except center cluster to single display
along with way better backup cam
That change happened mid-2017. The other thing that changed mid-2017 is they went from touch-sensitive to real buttons for the external keyless lock buttons.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think a drive in the 570 will make the choice easier. It's definitely the sportier and more driver focused of the two. Nothing wrong with the Lambo, but I chose the 570 because it just felt so much more sporty and alive to drive. Also, the Lambo interiors don't do it for me, but that's a matter of opinion. My car is a 17 and I would look for something with the updated backup cam if I was in your shoes. Mine works just fine, but it's so slow on startup that I either turn around to backup or end up waiting for a good 20-30 seconds for it to come on when I do the first startup in a while. Seems like subsequent boot ups are quicker, but still might be worth finding a car with the upgrade. On the bright side, visibility rearward is better than any other "supercar" I've ever seen, so you can always do it the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since you are looking at spiders, a big advantage in the mclaren is the hard top and cf tub. The mclaren is incredible top up or top down. The lambo is ok with top up. Nothing wrong with a ragtop but the hardtop is just so so much nicer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts