McLaren Life banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the fascinating world of McLaren, just picked up my 2017 570S a few days ago. Finally had a chance to take it down some back roads today, and I've had the following issue happen 3 times already. Mind you, I am fully aware that the shift paddles work in both directions on a pivot, so this is not a case of me sending the wrong instruction to the gearbox:

-Active button is pressed. Manual is pressed. Car is on Sport powertrain and handling.
-Hard acceleration (not launch), then shift into 2nd, accelerate some more
-Now when I go to shift from 2nd to 3rd, I pull the right-hand paddle TOWARDS me, and instead I get a sudden downshift to 1st with all the ensuing chaos.
It did that to me at least three times on and off, sometimes shifting me from 2nd to 1st, and other times from 3rd to 2nd when I was actually trying to upshift.

Does anyone have a solution/explanation to this? Any input at all from the community would be great!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I have seen a thread about this before. I did a search for you but could not find the thread. Maybe somebody else can link it or have the answer for you.
This? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.