McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the fascinating world of McLaren, just picked up my 2017 570S a few days ago. Finally had a chance to take it down some back roads today, and I've had the following issue happen 3 times already. Mind you, I am fully aware that the shift paddles work in both directions on a pivot, so this is not a case of me sending the wrong instruction to the gearbox:

-Active button is pressed. Manual is pressed. Car is on Sport powertrain and handling.
-Hard acceleration (not launch), then shift into 2nd, accelerate some more
-Now when I go to shift from 2nd to 3rd, I pull the right-hand paddle TOWARDS me, and instead I get a sudden downshift to 1st with all the ensuing chaos.
It did that to me at least three times on and off, sometimes shifting me from 2nd to 1st, and other times from 3rd to 2nd when I was actually trying to upshift.

Does anyone have a solution/explanation to this? Any input at all from the community would be great!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have seen a thread about this before. I did a search for you but could not find the thread. Maybe somebody else can link it or have the answer for you.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
I have seen a thread about this before. I did a search for you but could not find the thread. Maybe somebody else can link it or have the answer for you.
This? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with above in terms of just flicking the paddle too hard that it’s rebounding on the other side and causing a downshift.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Haha relax guys this isn’t rocket science. My dog could press the paddles and it should go into the wrong gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. Yes, I had to stop flicking the paddles and the shifts went perfect from then on. Man what an awesome car though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts