McLaren Life banner

570s Ordering - Things to Know.

96K views 152 replies 38 participants last post by  570SfromNVDA 
#1 · (Edited)
As there are several of us on here going through the process, I thought I would start a thread where we can share info and our experiences as we work our way through the various steps that hopefully lead all of us to happy ownership.

To kick things off, here's three things that should be essential reading for anyone ordering, or thinking about ordering:

Sports Series Product Guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxRDptOLBTe3MTNDcjdrMzhoMVU/view?usp=sharing

Two files are also attached to this post; the 570s US pricelist and the 570s US MSO pricelist.

If anyone has other links, files, or data they would like to share, please post it, or let me know via PM if you'd prefer to remain anonymous.

EDIT:: Link to 2017 price list info. See attachments here: http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-570s/55161-2017-price-feature-changes.html#post1159257

-Jamie.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
One of the things I would like to do, and will need some help with, is getting sample pictures of the "MSO Defined" colors for 570s. The list is below with pics for the colors I could easily dig up with a Google search. If anyone has photos of the other colors, please post a link and I'll update this post with the info.

All MSO Defined samples: http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-p1-f1/31441-color-id-help.html#post734058
See also: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mclarensanfrancisco/sets/72157656241304679

Lunar White:

no pic

Zenith Black:

no pic

Papaya Spark:

Burton Blue: From P1 chassis 267

Abyss Black::

no pic

Polaris Blue :

Lantana Purple:

no pic

Fistral Blue:

no pic

Ceramic Grey:

Mauvine Blue:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/08/16/monterey-2015-purple-mclaren-570s-by-mso/

#3 ·
For your convenience, according to the price list:

Carbon Fibre Exterior Pack 1 $6,620
Door Mirrors $1,740
Side Intakes $2,520
Door Inserts $3,530
$7,790 - $6,620 = $1,170 savings

Carbon Fibre Exterior Pack 2 $9,380
Aero Blades $3,530
Side Skirts $2,520
Diffuser $5,000
$11,050 - $9,380 = $1,670 savings

Carbon Fibre Interior Pack $6,220
Interior Components $2,970
Interior Door Inserts $1,930
Tunnel Side $2,410
$7,310 - $6,220 = $1,090 savings

Lux Pack $6,530
Power Adjust Heated Memory Seats $3,180
Electric Steering Column $1,600
Bowers and Wilkins 12 Speaker $2,190
Soft Close Doors $730
$7,700 - $6,530 = $1,170 savings

tl;dr you save 15% if you buy the packs.

#5 ·
I had asked initially, and was told it would likely be in the same ballpark as the 650s (which I think is that $2500 you mentioned) but that nothing was set in stone until they get closer to bringing the 570 over.

-Jamie.

#12 · (Edited)
Configurator

The 570S Configurator doesn't show an option for specifying a car with McLaren Orange Nappa leather interior highlights similar to the Ventura Orange model shown at USA McLaren dealerships. I'm not sure if this will be considered an MSO optioned car or is a Sport Design 2 variation?

Attachments

#13 ·
The 570S Configurator doesn't show an option for specifying a car with McLaren Orange Nappa leather interior highlights similar to the Ventura Orange model shown at USA McLaren dealerships. I'm not sure if this will be considered an MSO optioned car or is a Sport Design 2 variation?
The "sport design 2" is Capella Orange leather but the "sport design 4" is McLaren Orange. For the "Leather Nappa Sport Interior" it looks like you can specify either the Capella or McLaren Orange. See page 55 of the Product Guide linked in post 1 above.

-Jamie.

#15 ·
Ahh, looks like I mis-read your post. I thought you were asking if McLaren Orange leather was even an option for that interior. I guess the good news, assuming the Product Guide is current, is that you do have options to get the MO leather without needing to tack on an MSO price-tag! Just make sure your dealer has everything entered properly when it comes time to submit your order and doesn't rely on your configurator PDF!

-Jamie.

#16 ·
Thanks for your help and good advice.

In time I would like to see the configurator be aligned with the dealer entry system, so that what I enter into the configurator is what the dealer enters into the McLaren ordering system.
Another nice to have would be a configurator configuration code that would keep/locate the entered configuration either on a server or locally and allow you to return to your configuration and make modifications without having to re-enter all information again.

#18 ·
Has anyone else been playing around with the configurator for 570 lately? It looks like it's been changed around a bit. Though it does seem a bit more organized, I'd recommend going back in and making sure everything you wanted is still there. For example, under the interior section there had been an option for "shadow chrome" brightwork. That seems to be totally gone. Another thing I noticed is that the previous configurator said that the lift raised both the front and rear of the car. Now it just says the front.

I'm not really sure what else may have changed, so take this as this evening's public service announcement and double check your configs!

-Jamie.

Reactions: eMcL
#19 ·
(...) Another thing I noticed is that the previous configurator said that the lift raised both the front and rear of the car. Now it just says the front.
(...)
This in fact is a necessary clarification. On the cars with the hydraulic suspension, like the 650S, the lift system is using what is already available in the car, and it is hence fully integrated, much lighter, and works in the front and in the rear.
On the cars with the regular suspension, the lift system is an add-on limited to the front.

#20 ·
Hi all,
I thought I'd share an inaccuracy on the configurator that my dealer alerted me to this week. For those interested in the Interior Sport Design 4, the image on the configurator shows smooth black leather in the seat centers but it is actually alcantara. The description seems to be correct although is is not specific where the material is exactly on the seat. I'm in the process of clarifying with my dealer so check with yours to be sure.

#21 ·
The Product Guide is attached to post 1 of this thread and has a bit more info on the various interiors. The Sport 4 Interior is on page 66. The pics there seem to more clearly show the Alcantara seats. It also seems more clear in the description:

Sport 4 Interior said:
The fascia upper, door outer and majority of the seat are
finished in Carbon Black Alcantara. The door inner and
insert are Jet Black Nappa Leather. McLaren Orange Nappa
Leather highlights feature and are flanked by two sections
of the seat which feature McLaren Orange perforated
Leather.

 Extensive use of Alcantara
 McLaren Orange perforated seat sections
 Carbon Black Leather and McLaren Orange Leather
Lower steering wheel
 McLaren Orange Stitch
 Carbon Black Alcantara Headlining
 McLaren branded leather sill finisher
I think a dealer follow-up is still a good idea though as the Product Guide is "subject to change".

-Jamie.

#26 ·
so the question is.....is mauvine blue worth the $10K MSO paint job?? It looks nice and different but I don't know if it warrants 10K, what do the people who have seen it say? I wonder if there is an example somewhere or the volcano orange car, I have seen ventura orange but want to see volcano on this car and not on the p1 or 650s...

#28 ·
The Mauvine Blue certainly stood out against the perfect backdrop of Pebble Beach.
Mauvine is a purple dye, so the paint name refers to a purple-blue. It has a metallic look and contrasts well with the black/palladium surfaces. It looks very good. Its probable the Mauvine car will be shown at dealerships so you will have the opportunity to view the color prior to ordering.
As said by others Volcano Orange is not currently an option for 570S. Only McLaren Orange and the new Ventura Orange are being offered for 570S.

#29 ·
'MSO Defined' colors, of which Mauvine Blue is one, are also supposed to include "heritage colors". Volcano Orange would fall under that heritage color umbrella. So, technically, VO would be available on the 570, it would just cost 10k USD.

If you're going to pay 10k USD for a flavor of orange though, Papaya Spark is a really pretty option and has a fair amount of history to it in the McLaren racing world.

-Jamie.

#39 ·
Today's public service announcement for 'things to know' for those of us ordering a Sports Series...

There had been an option for the brightwork on the interiorto be "shadow chrome". It looks like this option is now only available for certain interiors. I'm not sure which interiors can have it and which cannot, but I am going with one of the 'By McLaren' interiors and was told the shadow chrome was not an option... For me it's not a big deal, but it might be worth following up with your dealer if you were planning to get the shadow chrome brightwork.

This concludes today's PSA :D

-Jamie.