McLaren Life banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
What a beautiful 12C that is. Also 4,900 mile is nothing for a McLaren. These cars feel like they'll last forever. I've got about 6,500 miles on my 650S Spider and it still feels brand new.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
What information can McLaren dealers access about new car delivery?

Build start date?
Build completion date?
VIN?
Shiping date? Vessel name?
Scheduled arrival date at dealer?

So far all I have from dealer is Feb-Mar delivery.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of Sport Design 4: Carbon Black / McLaren Orange / Jet Black interior?

Part of the seats look brown on the configurator, I am sure they are black but I would still like to see a real photo if possible before ordering.
They are not brown, rather they are worse than brown, they are perforated leather. i despise the perforated look, looks very cheap to my eyes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I am glad I asked! Thanks :)

Looks like I need to go back to the configurator.
Actually I quite like the perf. leather... there's a close up of a 12C with a black/orange interior for sale in Ascot/UK.... can't get the link to work sorry!

I think it's another one of those McThings that just don't photograph well, like certain colours, the 'tech' material inserts etc. Definitely worth considering IMHO.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Actually I quite like the perf. leather... there's a close up of a 12C with a black/orange interior for sale in Ascot/UK.... can't get the link to work sorry!

I think it's another one of those McThings that just don't photograph well, like certain colours, the 'tech' material inserts etc. Definitely worth considering IMHO.
Sounds like I am going to have to go find one and see what I think with my own eyes. I don't think McLaren would offer it if it was universally hated.

·
Registered
531 Posts

I guess this is it. I wonder if the 570S perforated leather looks a bit different.

http://www.ascot.mclaren.com/mclaren-preowned/2013/mclaren/12c-spider/2013-mclaren-12c-spider-carbon-black-ascot-for-sale-sbm11bac2dw002557

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I guess this is it. I wonder if the 570S perforated leather looks a bit different.
That's the one, I like the idea although I've never seen it in the hide so to speak! Same goes with Alacantara for me, the idea's great but I'd want to see it first hand before ticking the box.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Are there MSO defined interior options for the 570S?

If so does anyone have a list?
No. I wanted a full alcantara interior and assumed that it would be a normal option like on the 650S but I believe they changed manufacturers and isn't so easily/cheaply done. On the configurator, the best I could originally come up with was sports option 4 which you showed but I couldn't get past the perforated portion of the seats and the orange on the steering wheel and glove box area.

SOOOO, I realized that if I did 'design your own', then 'nappa alcantara trim' I'd get alcantara headliner, a portion of the seats and doors in alcantara but that's it, no dash. I can add the steering wheel but that's it.

I did get a quote from MSO on full alcantara interior with contrast stitching and it came out to about $14K, so I opted for what I outlined above.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've gone for the Nappa Alcantera, seems the best value, I like the contrast between the materials too, should work well with the contrast stitching.

·
Registered
835 Posts
If anyone is interested in the difference between lantana purple and mauvine blue here are a couple of shots to try and help out. What surprised me was how much purple is actually in the lantana purple - I thought it was blue. You can see the purple come out in the bits exposed to the sunlight. My wife also tells me that as I laid the two pieces side by side the purple of the mauvine blue will trick the eye into thinking the other is not as purple as it would appear had I photo'd it on its own. If they'd called the purple purple and the bluer one blue it would have been a lot easier!! :|

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
101 - 120 of 152 Posts