McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone has installed body parts from Novitec on their 570S and how were the fitment?

I'm interested in their front lip splitter, side intake cover, rear bumper corner as per photo. Thanks heaps!

I'm told from the seller these pieces will need be adhered to the original piece either with adhesive or heavy duty double sided tape..

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
i don't think fitment is so much an issue as having to use double sided tape to stick items on a car capable of 200mph!!

if it's the looks you're going for then fine,just make sure to use the valet speed limiter....
this goes well with wheel spacers too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Strongly disagree... been pretty fast and zero issues. This car is built with double sided tape!
no aerodynamically loaded panels are held on these cars with tape.only some side panels in low pressure areas and interior bits.
but if looks prime over efficacy and safety then go for it.

·
Vendor
20 Posts
We are a dealer for Novitec and have installed plenty. Fitment is spot on with expert installation. Happy to help if you have any questions.

·
Registered
706 Posts
no aerodynamically loaded panels are held on these cars with tape.only some side panels in low pressure areas and interior bits.
but if looks prime over efficacy and safety then go for it.
I’ll let you know if any panels fall off... they haven’t yet. As I said, been pretty fast and no issues yet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
know of 2 570' here that have the novitec side scoops fitted and both have issues with poor fitment.....
no dealer or seller will ever tell you that aftermarket carbon bits don't fit very well .read post #12 between the lines. telling.

·
Registered
706 Posts
know of 2 570' here that have the novitec side scoops fitted and both have issues with poor fitment.....
no dealer or seller will ever tell you that aftermarket carbon bits don't fit very well .read post #12 between the lines. telling.
Huh? Post 12 said fitment is spot on with expert installation... how is that telling? Do you have personal experience with Novitec parts and just don’t like their stuff? I have a lot of their parts on my car and I will tell you it looks good to my eye as well as others that see the car...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Huh? Post 12 said fitment is spot on with expert installation... how is that telling? Do you have personal experience with Novitec parts and just don’t like their stuff? I have a lot of their parts on my car and I will tell you it looks good to my eye as well as others that see the car...
"expert installation" being key words.
had novitec and vorsteiner stuff and most was just acceptable but did look ok even though layup and bagging was not on par with asking price. could not hold a candle to lightweight DE or trinity composites .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your reply on this, I was more specifically looking for the novitec side scoop. Being a more curved piece compare to front lip splitter and rear bumper corner, I was concerned about how well the moulding of it is. Also since my 570S doesn't have any carbon fibre pieces on the exterior, my option were to have it painted in the dark palladium colour to blend it in with the rest of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts