McLaren Life banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
12c's are in the 70s all day. Don't think they won't seek a similar bottom.

Reactions: M500

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would love to see the value of the 570 S increase, and I say this because I own one since March of 2020. While I do enjoy the car here in the northeast, while the weather last, the price of the maintenance of these vehicles is outrageous. I am considering trading mine in an getting back in a 911 Turbo Porsche. While I do like the 570 S I am not impressed at all with McLaren's customer service. I receive better customer care with my daughters Murano...END OF RANT
Who is your dealer in the NE? I bought mine new from Miller Motorcars in Greenwich CT and their service has been first rate, really looked after me.

I wouldn’t swap into a Porsche purely because of the cost to run a McLaren. The minor savings as compared to the cost of the car doesn’t justify the significant downgrade in feel good factor you get from owing a car as special as a McLaren. And I am an ex Porsche owner having gone through multiple 911 models including Turbo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would love to see the value of the 570 S increase, and I say this because I own one since March of 2020. While I do enjoy the car here in the northeast, while the weather last, the price of the maintenance of these vehicles is outrageous. I am considering trading mine in an getting back in a 911 Turbo Porsche. While I do like the 570 S I am not impressed at all with McLaren's customer service. I receive better customer care with my daughters Murano...END OF RANT
I have had great service from my Mclaren Dealer and the service costs for my 570S Spider has been reasonable and similar to other vehicles i have owned in this category. Sorry to hear that you have not been happy. Perhaps you should change to someone who gives you good service at a reasonable price rather than getting rid of your car.

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
810 Posts
It does seem that the secret to a positive McLaren ownership experience is dealership quality. Those of us in the SF Bay Area are lucky to have a superb dealer in our area, but I know that's not always the case elsewhere. Sorry to hear about your issues, it's a shame you aren't able to enjoy your 570S to its fullest. As to cost of maintenance, my experience with McLaren is very similar to my experience with other exotics, it's just part of the price of admission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Who is your dealer in the NE? I bought mine new from Miller Motorcars in Greenwich CT and their service has been first rate, really looked after me.

I wouldn’t swap into a Porsche purely because of the cost to run a McLaren. The minor savings as compared to the cost of the car doesn’t justify the significant downgrade in feel good factor you get from owing a car as special as a McLaren. And I am an ex Porsche owner having gone through multiple 911 models including Turbo.
Car is currently at Long Island McLaren...First it was the brake switch which was causing the car to go into limphome, and the day i went to pick it up after being repaired, i get into the car at which time it was pouring rain and I have no wipers. Now a need a wiper motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the announcement from the UK government that they want to stop selling petrol cars by 2030 it could actually help the entire market.
I tend to look at the MP12c and work out residuals based on what they are currently selling for.
I love the car and won’t be selling anytime soon

21 - 28 of 28 Posts