McLaren Life banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, but no room for luggage I’m afraid. Frunk is completely full with my wheelchair.

Think the rear luggage space of the 570GT is the largest, then the 570s and then the spider.
In the Boxster, a week of luggage for two people in the trunk is no problem at all.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Duffel bag on rear shelf? Maybe take creative packing. But the gt is the easier option. Just get more options on cars and options.
Also fully electric seats have a lot more adjustments compared to the manuals. You may want to check out a car with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also fully electric seats have a lot more adjustments compared to the manuals.
The car has the GT upgrade package, which includes the fully electric seats.
Already informed at McLaren. No way to get the rear end of the seat lower and the front higher. They sit very tight to the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Everybody thanks very much for the input.
I decided this weekend to pull the plug on the 570GT.

It's a rational decision. My heart really wants a McLaren, but in the end I also want to be able to go on holiday for a week with two persons (we mostly drive 5-6 hours per day on small roads) with that car and don't want to have seat issues. My body just functions differently, and I'm very well aware of the limitations and what's important to me.
Seats are a very individual something. What works well for one person, doesn't necessarily work for somebody else.

Additionally, when I buy the car, I need to have the brake modified for my physical limitation (which over here also means a new individual homologation of the car) before I can even drive it myself.

It's just to expensive to take this risk. If you can just hop in and drive a car for a few hours, it's very easy to take a decision. But I have to rely on input from others and reviews, what is so much more difficult.

When I buy a Porsche RWD 991.2 GTS, I know everything fits. Wheelchair, seats, luggage, etc.
It's not a McLaren, but still a fun car on public roads with less compromises for me.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Everybody thanks very much for the input.
I decided this weekend to pull the plug on the 570GT.

It's a rational decision. My heart really wants a McLaren, but in the end I also want to be able to go on holiday for a week with two persons (we mostly drive 5-6 hours per day on small roads) with that car and don't want to have seat issues. My body just functions differently, and I'm very well aware of the limitations and what's important to me.
Seats are a very individual something. What works well for one person, doesn't necessarily work for somebody else.

Additionally, when I buy the car, I need to have the brake modified for my physical limitation (which over here also means a new individual homologation of the car) before I can even drive it myself.

It's just to expensive to take this risk. If you can just hop in and drive a car for a few hours, it's very easy to take a decision. But I have to rely on input from others and reviews, what is so much more difficult.

When I buy a Porsche RWD 991.2 GTS, I know everything fits. Wheelchair, seats, luggage, etc.
It's not a McLaren, but still a fun car on public roads with less compromises for me.
No worries in 2-3 years the new GT will also be within budget - so McLaren is not lost forever

Reactions: Jos
21 - 25 of 25 Posts