McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Owner
893 Posts
They must be using the Lamborghini playbook of Infinite Nonsense Limited Editions. I've lost count of all the cosmetic trim versions that Lamborghini foisted onto the public. :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes indeed they really do miss out on marketing opportunities, especially with such a significant milestone. I guess they have their reasons or not for such a lack luster 50th anniversary edition. Cheers.....??

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Marketing exercise. Too bad they didn't use this as an opportunity to launch a "Scuderia" type version.
Agree.

Mclaren should have produced 500 units.

This one is a MSO milk machine - reminds me of Ferrari's Sessenta's.

60 units for 375 - 400k that were worth 225k one year later - 99% cosmetic.

Have a feeling they have their hands full with the P1.

·
Administrator
2,697 Posts
Agree.

Mclaren should have produced 500 units.

This one is a MSO milk machine - reminds me of Ferrari's Sessenta's.

60 units for 375 - 400k that were worth 225k one year later - 99% cosmetic.

Have a feeling they have their hands full with the P1.
Agree, think all the resources are going into the P1.

I would rate the 50th anniversary about on par with the "Alonso" 599 GTB.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually,to sell it less than a specced car is not a good idea,if its a PR exercise all well and good,but don:t cheapen the average car:confused: its at least £20k cheaper :(

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Actually,to sell it less than a specced car is not a good idea,if its a <acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym> exercise all well and good,but don:t cheapen the average car:confused: its at least £20k cheaper :(
Andy

I don't think it's going to have very much cf - the mirrors aren't cf in the picture.

My guess is it follows list price - a simple way to move 50 units thru the system.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andy

I don't think it's going to have very much cf - the mirrors aren't cf in the picture.

My guess is it follows list price - a simple way to move 50 units thru the system.
Doug,ive re-specced it and its £24k cheaper,CF,brakes front bumper,wheel arches,sills,and turning vane,i cannot see if its got any other cf parts,if it has then its even more.This is of course comparing uk prices like for like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts