McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car is at the dealer today. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong regarding buying cars? Ordered the stitched Cavallino in the headrest, not there, ordered red stripe down the middle of the seat, not there. Sent dealer info request on exhaust valve switch 2 weeks ago, no response, now car is here, no idea how to install exhaust valve switch on a 458, they have only done F430's. But they did ask me if I had their wire instructions! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well my car is at the dealer today. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong regarding buying cars? Ordered the stitched Cavallino in the headrest, not there, ordered red stripe down the middle of the seat, not there. Sent dealer info request on exhaust valve switch 2 weeks ago, no response, now car is here, no idea how to install exhaust valve switch on a 458, they have only done F430's. But they did ask me if I had their wire instructions! LOL
Well congrats Markjayw on the arrival of your brand new car. As for your question thats difficult to answer without knowing all of the facts. If you have the preorder documents, which you should, and they clearly state all of the above, then I would say go to war. On the other hand if you don't, well then you've got a situation which involves a lot of finger and frustration. I must ask, have you always had this much bad luck with your cars? Something just doesn't seem to be right and as mentioned I not here to make any assumptions. Good luck buddy and may I suggest a doobie before doing anything rash. Cheers....??

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Well congrats Markjayw on the arrival of your brand new car. As for your question thats difficult to answer without knowing all of the facts. If you have the preorder documents, which you should, and they clearly state all of the above, then I would say go to war. On the other hand if you don't, well then you've got a situation which involves a lot of finger and frustration. I must ask, have you always had this much bad luck with your cars? Something just doesn't seem to be right and as mentioned I not here to make any assumptions. Good luck buddy and may I suggest a doobie before doing anything rash. Cheers....����
It was ordered correct - shipped incorrect.

After years of reading f-chat threads it's pretty common for Ferrari to get it almost right.

Which is exactly why I went to Mclaren - dealing with Ferrari / FNA .... well let's just say life is too short.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It was ordered correct - shipped incorrect.

After years of reading f-chat threads it's pretty common for Ferrari to get it almost right.

Which is exactly why I went to Mclaren - dealing with Ferrari / FNA .... well let's just say life is too short.
That's totally unacceptable, so what do they "Ferrari" do to resolve such a unfortunate situation. Do they acknowledge the fact that the error(s) have been made and is resolution being sought by the future owner through the dealer/Ferrari.

Or is it more like I've waited this long, I mean long and I'm just going to have to except it as is. If so doesn't this just encourage more of this blatant disregard towards the customer(s). I would have to say there's no way I would tolerate or even accept this type of behavior. That's what I call piss poor and the reason they get away wi

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Aw once again my big fat fingers get in the way and I hadn't finished or proof read it. Well I guess you get the gist of it sorry for the last part, it's to late now. Go kick some butt Mark. Cheers....??

·
Owner
893 Posts
That's totally unacceptable, so what do they "Ferrari" do to resolve such a unfortunate situation. Do they acknowledge the fact that the error(s) have been made and is resolution being sought by the future owner through the dealer/Ferrari.

Or is it more like I've waited this long, I mean long and I'm just going to have to except it as is. If so doesn't this just encourage more of this blatant disregard towards the customer(s). I would have to say there's no way I would tolerate or even accept this type of behavior. That's what I call piss poor and the reason they get away wi
Ken,
I bet Ferrari dealers would have the attitude: If you don't want it ..... we've got ten others who do.:mad:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow, after all that time and the boneheads screw up your options. :(
Are you going to demand new seats?
It's just seat covers. Ferrari just needs to send the one's I ordered, on their nickel, and really throw in the upcharges for the options missed. The stitched horse in the headrest in unbelievably $1250! The leather stripe in red down the middle of the seat is a special request option. I saw recently a guy on FCHAT had a similar issue, where they missed the headrest stitching in his car too. This is new for 2013 that this is extra. Used to be included with the special stitching option.

Really cannot believe the quality controls. Before car leaves assembly line compare build sheet line by line with car, oooops, we forgot something here, fix, check again, send car to new owner. Of course with 458 they should include a Dyno check to make sure the car has 492 hp at the wheels, like their R&T silver car. ;)

Only car I have not had issues with is my 996 GT2. Braman was excellent. 360 Spider had issues from Park Place LTD. Bellevue. Lotus Esprit tons of issues from Lotus of Atlanta, Lamborghini Performante 1 issue, other issues fixed at Dealers cost, Ferrari Scuderia issues from Bentley Gold Coast, the Detailer, and the clear bra installer, and Ron Tonkin where they cracked my bumper during a headlight replacement, SV from Gold Coast numerous issues, 16M numerous issues from Ferrari of Washington, 1 thing covered by them, Panamera Turbo from Boardwalk issues covered by Dealer, 12C from Auto Gallery inspected by friend, cancelled purchase due to too much damage, 12C ongoing with Silicon Valley, car was visually inspected by friend, but before clear bra application.

Could some of the issues have been taken care of by flying out to see and drive the cars before buying, absolutely. Maybe I am just cursed, or overly picky? Who knows?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ken,
I bet Ferrari dealers would have the attitude: If you don't want it ..... we've got ten others who do.:mad:
Yes they do, they mentioned a customer waiting for his Rosso Scuderia 458 coupe loved the car, lol. Might be mentioning this to FNA if they don't take care of their mistakes. Also will have a few choice words for them when I visit the Factory next month.

Also not happy it seems that the car has been washed and the protective factory film has been removed. The Service Dept. is about 1/2 - 1 mile away from the Showroom. Guess they don't care about chipping the paint during PDI?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes they do, they mentioned a customer waiting for his Rosso Scuderia 458 coupe loved the car, lol. Might be mentioning this to FNA if they don't take care of their mistakes. Also will have a few choice words for them when I visit the Factory next month.

Also not happy it seems that the car has been washed and the protective factory film has been removed. The Service Dept. is about 1/2 - 1 mile away from the Showroom. Guess they don't care about chipping the paint during PDI?
You know the more I read the more I see tolerance and acceptance without consequences. How do we achieve change if we are willing to allow this abusive behavior to continue. A true sign of arrogance by resting on ones laurels and heritage to overcome these unacceptable practices. Oh well what to do what to do, I guess maintain the old status quo and let them get away with their crap. That's it I've had my say, you'd almost think that I was the owner of this vehicle.??

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
What you are is a customer.

I have bought many cars without seeing them.

Only bad experience was with a known defect the dealer denied even after sending me their service write up that stated cracked diffuser.

The dealer has lost my business and others from their lack of honesty. I may have lost 5k but so did they :)

We are all big boys and can certainly take care of any defect - but the point is all we ask for is servicing the sale.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What you are is a customer.

I have bought many cars without seeing them.

Only bad experience was with a known defect the dealer denied even after sending me their service write up that stated cracked diffuser.

The dealer has lost my business and others from their lack of honesty. I may have lost 5k but so did they :)

We are all big boys and can certainly take care of any defect - but the point is all we ask for is FULL DISCLOSURE BEFORE THE SALE!
Fixed ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
289 Posts
I love the way you optioned the car, that's the way I would have optioned mine too... in Rosso Scuderia!:cool:

The stitched Cavallino in the headrest and red stripe down the middle of the seat would top it all and make it all perfect!;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the way you optioned the car, that's the way I would have optioned mine too... in Rosso Scuderia!:cool:

The stitched Cavallino in the headrest and red stripe down the middle of the seat would top it all and make it all perfect!;)
That's why I am so upset they are missing! :mad:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Little bird on the other side of the fence told me a little story.

2 customers ordered almost exactly the same car, one is a long time supporter of the dealership and he was called first to take delivery, seems like he forgot to check a certain options and he didn't quite like how the car turned out. Dealer said no problem, here is another car WITH those options for another customer but that customer didn't know the car is here, yet. He swapped and is a happy camper. The late comer is left holding the bag, and the dealer knew they would have no problem selling the 'unwanted' car if the other customer decides to reorder and wait some more.

·
Registered
551 Posts
At least they got the color right!

I would not accept delivery of the car till they gave you what you ordered. The contract states a delivery of car + options by a given date and that's what they should do. If they don't they brake the contract and should return your downpayment.

The only way to do business is the correct-fair way or no way at all

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Looks GREAT Mark!! Now why did i think you would have a problem with the stitching!!
Think someone somewhere would make sure it was right for you,what are their PR department doing??
Enjoy her she is a beauty,but not too much:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

2 customers ordered almost exactly the same car, one is a long time supporter of the dealership and he was called first to take delivery, seems like he forgot to check a certain options and he didn't quite like how the car turned out. Dealer said no problem, here is another car WITH those options for another customer but that customer didn't know the car is here, yet. He swapped and is a happy camper. The late comer is left holding the bag, and the dealer knew they would have no problem selling the 'unwanted' car if the other customer decides to reorder and wait some more.
Could certainly be true, now you have me all paranoid! :confused: Will see what happens tomorrow. If things start getting fishy, first call will be to FNA.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

We used to deal with and probably still do these types of situation on a on going bases, and yes indeed it does exist. It all revolves around two key points one has already been mentioned the other being greed/money aka profitability. Sad yet true and hard to prove, money the root of all evil yet necessary and required in order to survive/live. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We used to deal with and probably still do these types of situation on a on going bases, and yes indeed it does exist. It all revolves around two key points one has already been mentioned the other being greed/money aka profitability. Sad yet true and hard to prove, money the root of all evil yet necessary and required in order to survive/live. Cheers....??
As I mentioned on Flife, something sounds fishy, how can a car clear customs and get shipped across the Country in a week? Was notified on the 11th the car hit the Port, now it is at the Dealer? Too quick IMO.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts