McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just had my 675LT services
930.00 Labor (labor is a min/max if a job is planned at 4 hours they charge x and if it goes over 4 the charge is still 4)
4.64 washer
37.07 drain plug
Oil filter 36.19
O ring - seal 20.30
Break fluid 49.29
Washer solvent 12.02
Synthetic oil 166.24

car was being worked on close to 4 hours I was there and know the techs. (Labor rates are the same if not less than my Porsche dealer.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
@TwnTrbo I see you're in LA. Go to GI Automotive Group on Robertson for oil service / etc. Even the service folks @ O'Gara will tell you that GI does good work. Just this week they changed the oil in my 570 for $400 including tax, where the same service at O'gara was $750. Note: They cannot reset your service indicator, but will take it to O'Gara and reset it for $200.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
@TwnTrbo I see you're in LA. Go to GI Automotive Group on Robertson for oil service / etc. Even the service folks @ O'Gara will tell you that GI does good work. Just this week they changed the oil in my 570 for $400 including tax, where the same service at O'gara was $750. Note: They cannot reset your service indicator, but will take it to O'Gara and reset it for $200.

I had mentioned in the past that GIA was doing this work and advertising that they were doing this work.

However, there was one posting on these forums which caught my eye and it was someone from Southern California and they stated that the servicing dealer said that the warranty would be at risk if someone outside of a Mac dealer did the oil change, etc.

I sort of blew it off as a one off and there must be something more to the story. However, there are more comments like this on the forum now.

One of my friends in Southern California was also told the same thing (warranty issues if someone other then a Mac dealer does the oil change).

Note: Do your research carefully, ask your service advisor and make sure you understand the implications of saving a few hundred dollars in the bigger picture.

Its' different decision making if the car is out of warranty but if you are in warranty then be very careful and do your due diligence.

Reactions: spourreza

·
Registered
258 Posts
If the car has no warranty I say go where you want, but I don’t get the logic to save 300.00 on a 250k car with the risk of voiding the warranty. Hell a good bottle of vino is 300.00, and most here would blow that with a hot date.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Note: Do your research carefully, ask your service advisor and make sure you understand the implications of saving a few hundred dollars in the bigger picture.
That's not a bad idea to share.

Edit: By law, independent shop work cannot void a factory warranty. Can McLaren give you a hard time about it? Sure. But they do not have the right to deny warranty coverage if the independent shop performed the work correctly. Source: FTC: Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance

My 570 is out of the factory warranty as of this month, so I have no issue DIY'ing or paying an independent for such basic work.

Reactions: unmac

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can you bring your own oil, so you only pay labor? How many gal do you need? I thought it uses Mobil 1 0w/40?
I asked about bringing Redline instead of the required Mobil 1 and the SA said not to do it.

Here’s another item to cancel. On my bill there was a charge for two #2032 key fob batteries at $17.94, for one installed and one sitting in the cup holder.

My 2nd annual service was billed at 9 hours that covered a 5 page list of items for a visual check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry I’m losing my mind here. I even got rid of wiper blade. Told them I’d like to see this itemized. Even with Ferrari they only change you max 500$ for oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ogara also quoted me $2250 for my 600lt first year service. I called Mclaren Newport/Orange county and they charged me $1250, super nice. Ogara is a rip off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I charge $800 for an oil service all parts needed and labor , resetting service light , and running a full computer scan on all system. Just a heads up!

·
Registered
171 Posts
So, my 1st service on my 720s spider is done.
Oil was delivered by myself. Much cheaper than before at my 650s spider.

Around USD 964.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a Service Advisor at a McLaren dealership in the UK, We charge £695.00 inc vat for a 1st service on a 720S. This includes all parts required, labour and vat.
Some of the prices you guys are quoting seem very excessive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if there is a labour difference for what side the steering wheel is but a first service should take less than 3 hours.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm a Service Advisor at a McLaren dealership in the UK, We charge £695.00 inc vat for a 1st service on a 720S. This includes all parts required, labour and vat.
Some of the prices you guys are quoting seem very excessive.
That translates to $883 USD! Yea where getting raped.:mad: lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My dealer charged 8 hours of labor? Does this seem excessive for an oil change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 54 Posts