McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I’m losing my mind here. I even got rid of wiper blade. Told them I’d like to see this itemized. Even with Ferrari they only change you max 500$ for oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think the oil change itself is like 800$. I just had my first year service and oil change. I’ll check the receipt and let you know.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm what dealer are you using, would be cheaper to ship it to yours I think.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I’m not sure if it was 800. I’m pretty sure that’s the just parts cost. I think the actual oil change was 1500 though. I’ll have to find my documentation for it. I service at O’Gara Coach Service Center in LA.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My total service was roughly 2000$. But I guess that mostly is just the oil change. I did have the wipers done.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yea Its a money grab IMO. I did my first service and told my service manager the same thing, I will look into other options next year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My first year service was $2k and the second year with a 25% discount was $2k also. Turns out the labor rate went to $250/hr. I skipped the $800 wipers and cabin filter that didn’t include labor to install. The Porsche dealer service for my last turbo was quoted at $1500 but always had an indie do it so it doesn’t seem too bad since there no one around m;y neck of the woods that has ever worked on a 720S.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can you bring your own oil, so you only pay labor? How many gal do you need? I thought it uses Mobil 1 0w/40?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the wiper is 200 bucks. I might not do the cabin filter because it does seem like another money grab. I'm still trying to figure out how it can be 1500 for an oil change? Are they taking apart the entire car to do this oil change? What is complex about it? I don't mind paying if this is the case, but I am assuming mclaren made it easy to change the oil in these things like every other car?

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
387 Posts
The price of admission, dues for the club.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think the wiper is 200 bucks. I might not do the cabin filter because it does seem like another money grab. I'm still trying to figure out how it can be 1500 for an oil change? Are they taking apart the entire car to do this oil change? What is complex about it? I don't mind paying if this is the case, but I am assuming mclaren made it easy to change the oil in these things like every other car?
the total service is adding upto $2k. Oil change is one part of the service . Amounts differ by dealer (labor rates are different ). Maybe it’s different if you got a good deal on your car too

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
labor rate is a big piece of it. figure 5 hours * $250/hour plus parts... i can see 2k... my G63 AMG is $1200 first service and that not a super car...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
this is true, however from what a few people have said, that is frowned upon by Mclaren...
frowned upon and nice way to void your warranty

1 - 20 of 54 Posts