McLaren Life banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy everyone!

Hate to spam you, but I'm pretty excited about this!

I just released my new Book "Race to War"

In 1938, two men attempt to set the land speed record on the new German autobahn. One Nazi, one Jew. Only one survives. These cars were amazing; 250Mph in 1938!

As a new author, Amazon pre-orders are critical. Amazon will review pre-sales and use it to promote or demote my work once my book is released on Sept 1.

Can I count you to help? 馃檹馃徎

Thanks for considering and use the link below to pre-order!

Ps - I owe you a beer 馃嵑

Vehicle Wheel Car Hood Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok you owe me 4 beers van den dries. I love the silver bullets & their incredible history. Lots of power on skinny tires! i ordered 4 books. I can't wait for it.

Silber f眉r den Sieg
Thank you tumbleweed!! If you鈥檙e ever in miami, drinks are on me!! The story behind these cars is absolutely nutts!! Had so much fun writing the book and not so much fun editing 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long did it take you to write it? How鈥檇 you get into the topic so much you wanted to write about it?
Took 3 months to write and 1.5 yrs to edit 馃ぃ I saw a documentary on these cars 15 yrs ago (don鈥檛 remember where) and was fascinated. Story stayed with me and when COVID hit I decided to write it. Didn鈥檛 know if I could so I made a deal with myself: write one chapter and see how it felt. It felt good! So wrote another and another and before I knew it, I had the story. My original idea was to write a screenplay because these cars are very visual. After starting i realized how much research I had to do and decided to write the book and then maybe do a screenplay. If sales go well I plan to shop it to hollywood with the hopes of a multi episodic series. Fingers crossed 馃 Google Mercedes T80 and you鈥檒l see how amazing these cars are!! Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm in awe of anyone who actually writes a book. I have a friend who spent several years trying to make it as a fiction author, his writing was excellent, but when it comes to publishing and selling, the writing isn't what counts, alas!
Products are easy to make - books, chips, apps. Marketing them is the hardest part - finding the spot where your product intersects with a customer need is the holy grail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts