McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just seeing if anyone would be interested in taking over my lease. I have 22
months remaining and about 10k allowable miles left.
47798.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, technically the payments are $903 a month. I'm looking for 13k plus takeover of the $903 a month payments. Comes out to slightly less than $1500 a month

·
Registered
181 Posts
You had better check with the leasing company, they sometimes have restrictions on lease take-overs (like it has to be someone from the same state).

Its funny, I might consider upgrading my Blade Silver 570GT to a spider for a decent deal like this, but I'd have to sell mine first, and this isn't the time of year to do that here in NJ.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Wow, how on earth did you get a $903 payment?! You must have put $100K down? In which case this is a pretty good deal for someone! I'll see if my friend might be interested. He just got out of his soon-to-be expiring lease on his coupe, and didn't get in another because of the near $3K lease payment (he put almost nothing down). But with a sub-$1K payment, he might be interested again.

Where are you based? As others have said, sometimes lease transfers are regional. Also, who's the leasing company and what's the residual? with 10K left, was it a 5K/year allowance (i.e. what's current mileage)?

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, how on earth did you get a $903 payment?! You must have put $100K down? In which case this is a pretty good deal for someone! I'll see if my friend might be interested. He just got out of his soon-to-be expiring lease on his coupe, and didn't get in another because of the near $3K lease payment (he put almost nothing down). But with a sub-$1K payment, he might be interested again.

Where are you based? As others have said, sometimes lease transfers are regional. Also, who's the leasing company and what's the residual? with 10K left, was it a 5K/year allowance (i.e. what's current mileage)?

Thanks!

Z.
Haha yeah I put quite a bit of money down. I'm in New Jersey and its leased through Ally. 5k miles per year and I believe I have 5020 miles on it currently. Not 100% sure what the residual is but I believe its 128k

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry, technically the payments are $903 a month. I'm looking for 13k plus takeover of the $903 a month payments. Comes out to slightly less than $1500 a month
Yeah that’s still a killer deal for whoever takes it. Good luck with the transfer, although I’m guessing you won’t need it

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Haha yeah I put quite a bit of money down. I'm in New Jersey and its leased through Ally. 5k miles per year and I believe I have 5020 miles on it currently. Not 100% sure what the residual is but I believe its 128k
Cool, thanks. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Ally only allows lease transfers within the same state, so you'll only be able to transfer it to someone else in NJ.

If the residual is only $128K, and you have what looks like $20K in payments left, couldn't you just sell it private or trade it? The buyout should be around $150K, and it looks like it's worth at least $180K to $190K with the options you have (paint, stealth wheels and exhaust, sports exhaust, carbon switch, lux, nappa, etc).

Check around - you might even find some places that might take it without you buying something. Even if they give you $165K, you'll get $15K on top of your buyout - or you can sell it private. Might take longer, but could make more as long as you don't have to pay any sales tax (due to the sale - not sure how your state works).

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’d be surprised if Ally wouldn’t allow a well qualified person transfer it. Rules are rules....but....

·
Registered
460 Posts
ally is a joke, just finishing up a lease transfer with them. Had to call them everyday for a week just so they can email me the documents for christ sake.

They should take some lessons from BMW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts