McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Can't wait for next year! Hopefully Porsche will give Audi some lessons. The car looks so small and I've read on RennTeam that the engine choice is really bold and surprising.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't wait for next year! Hopefully Porsche will give Audi some lessons. The car looks so small and I've read on RennTeam that the engine choice is really bold and surprising.
The new regs dictate narrower cars for next year as well as slightly taller. Not much is known about the new Porsche except that it will be a petrol engine with some type of recovery/hybrid technology. I hope the kick Audi ass. Exciting times!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Mitch.
So if I'm reading the drawings correctly, it looks like the drivers will be sitting further forward because the rear bulkhead has been moved 8cm forward. Also, the front roll hoop is now 3cm higher.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, relative to the windshield they sit further forward in the cockpit and slightly higher to allow for better visibility (the R18 crashes in 2011 and last year's Toyota flip plus the fact today's P cars are like looking out of a mailbox has all contributed to this).

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, relative to the windshield they sit further forward in the cockpit and slightly higher to allow for better visibility (the R18 crashes in 2011 and last year's Toyota flip plus the fact today's P cars are like looking out of a mailbox has all contributed to this).
I remember the Toyota seemed to have quiet an extreme driving position with what looked like a massive blind spot from huge 'A' pillar.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The new regs dictate narrower cars for next year as well as slightly taller. Not much is known about the new Porsche except that it will be a petrol engine with some type of recovery/hybrid technology. I hope the kick Audi ass. Exciting times!
Is there a conflict with both being under the VW umbrella. :confused:
will it be hands off policy from VW. Let the two duke it out:D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
No, Audi even released a statement when Porsche announced their return (which surprised alot of Porsche people as Porsche NA had no idea what was going on) that Audi welcomed the challenge and was looking forward to racing them.

Nothing shared between the cars however.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
No, Audi even released a statement when Porsche announced their return (which surprised alot of Porsche people as Porsche NA had no idea what was going on) that Audi welcomed the challenge and was looking forward to racing them.

Nothing shared between the cars however.
Should be great fun to see unfold. Audi has dominated for awhile, would be good to see them bumped off their perch;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts