McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow McLaren friends,

I'm back with McLaren! I sold my 2012 Coupe a few months ago and I'm thrilled that I'm back. Just delivered 2014 Spider. A couple of things stood out immediately compared to the 12' on my short run:

-The exhaust note is more throaty (Sports Exhaust on both my previous 2012 and this one)
-The steering seems more viseral, not quite as "boosted" like the 458 but in my opinion, more responsive than the 2012
-I think the paddle shifters appear more responsive than before

I love this car! Selling my 2013 458 Italia if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes, that interior looks interesting........PIC's please......

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks everyone! Oh, another thing I noticed. I have the same Stealth Lightweight wheels like last time, but these appear to be darker. Also the stealth finish itself seems more rich. I just confirmed with my dealer and he said the 14' Stealth are little bit darker, although there was never official communication. So McLaren has definitely implemented minor tweaks since the 12', in a good way.

Here is a shot from inside the delivery truck but I'll get some more soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
That car is drop dead gorgeous! Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Congratulations on such a beautiful machine. Love the color and the interior is just sensational. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
HOLY COW!!

That was fast. Great color combination. I would love for you to compare you 2012 to your 2014 just to see if my impressions of McLaren improving their quality control issues is accurate.

·
Registered
914 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's a beauty, well done.

That's one of the great things about (light) silvers; you can have pretty much any colour interior and it works. Same with white I guess.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts