McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me say this, any series that allows GT3 class cars! Blancpain Endurance Series, International GT Open, British GT, uhh....so many more!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Love that color that reminds me of Bruce and Denny in Can Am back in the day. That car is going to have a lot of success in that series.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did well in the 2012 form in the hands of Hexis, they seemed to get the most support from the factory and are likely to lead the ACO rules GTE charge when that car debuts next year...

·
Registered
380 Posts
It did well in the 2012 form in the hands of Hexis, they seemed to get the most support from the factory and are likely to lead the ACO rules GTE charge when that car debuts next year...
Mitch: I take it that the GT3, the 458 and the Corvettes would all be in the same two classes (Pro and "a little less pro") at Le Mans?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next year? IF McLaren shows up with the 12C it'd be in GTE-Pro with the 458s, Corvettes, Astons, 911s, etc as GTE-Am requires that the cars be a year old and since it's not a year old....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Next year? IF McLaren shows up with the 12C it'd be in GTE-Pro with the 458s, Corvettes, Astons, 911s, etc as GTE-Am requires that the cars be a year old and since it's not a year old....
See, this is why I ask you this stuff. You've got the endurance racing world dialed. Thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New 2013-specification 12C GT3 Now Available

In a season of firsts and following the first full competitive season for the McLaren 12C GT3, 23 examples of the car campaigned in 14 different series with 13 McLaren GT customer teams. Between them, the teams have claimed a total of 19 victories.

McLaren GT confirmed today that a further batch of revised 12C GT3s will be produced to compete in the 2013 season.

The 2013-specification 12C GT3 features a number of changes, all of which are available as a package to existing teams, which are designed to offer enhanced drivability, reliability and efficiency, coupled with reduced complexity. The changes include a revised aerodynamics package to reduce understeer, an upgraded ECU with a revised wiring loom and alternative dampers.

As the 12C GT3 will now run in global series, updates have been made to the cooling and aerodynamic package. This is evident through the updated bonnet and ducting, which is designed to ensure that the 12C GT3 can run competitively in higher temperatures than those experienced during 2012. The revised aerodynamic package will further improve the balance and tyre management of the 12C GT3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts