1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
So... what is the point of rolling start drag racing identical cars again? :/

·
Owner
277 Posts
They are trying to show the performance difference between the 2012 and 2013 There is no difference all 2012 cars are updated to the same spec as 2013 and if they are comparing coupe to spider the coupe is about 88 lbs lighter. So all they are comparing is driver and car condition.

·
Registered
907 Posts
well, there is an obvious difference from a roll, the black car did get the jump, but still seemed to come on boost quicker and get a bit ahead, then the cars were pretty much even..

from a dead stop, it was even...

both cars were in the same gear, and that orange car happens to have the record for quickest and fastest 12C down the 1/4 mile.....

while the 2012 does have the updates for the power, the 2013 has more recent software... the 2012 will get updated soon...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Where's the outrage for the street racing?

:)

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Where's the outrage for the street racing?

:)

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Well I'm the maniac in that GC quote, according to my wife anyways. Cheers.....??

·
Owner
277 Posts
well, there is an obvious difference from a roll, the black car did get the jump, but still seemed to come on boost quicker and get a bit ahead, then the cars were pretty much even..

from a dead stop, it was even...

both cars were in the same gear, and that orange car happens to have the record for quickest and fastest 12C down the 1/4 mile.....

while the 2012 does have the updates for the power, the 2013 has more recent software... the 2012 will get updated soon...
Do you think the most recent software has anything to do with engine performance or transmission shifting. What update are you referring to the last I heard of was 11 or 11.2 only minor stuff.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think they are on version 12 now...

Do you think the most recent software has anything to do with engine performance or transmission shifting. What update are you referring to the last I heard of was 11 or 11.2 only minor stuff.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
We've seen a million of these. Lambos vs F's vs Bugatti vs whatever. To be fair, they seem to be mostly on empty stretches of road (for all we know, private ones--yea, I'm not holding my breath on that being the case, but possible).

Seemed pretty safe in that no one is around. The exact same thing on the autobahn is a "no big deal" event.

But agreed Gazza, in the US, it's important we over react "for safety" and "think of the kids" and other bs excuses to justify being oppressive pricks and sucking the joy out of life... But I'm not bitter. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I know why the black car was faster.......the plastic windshield trim piece on the orange car was coming apart......hence, creating an unwanted "downforce"

LOL!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I know why the black car was faster.......the plastic windshield trim piece on the orange car was coming apart......hence, creating an unwanted "downforce"

LOL!!!!
Dude, it's the first thing I noticed. Surprised others didn't comment.

As for the street racing and shutting down a thread, meh... You can do a pretty realistic street race in several video games and no one is shutting them down. And not seeing something doesn't make you not want to do it. And conversely...

The whole protect the kiddies, I'll soil my panties bullshit needs to stop. We're grown men. Mostly.

To wit, this ad from back of AW:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts