McLaren Life banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,105 Posts
I didn’t pay for it . The dealer had to fix these before make it CPO one year warranty
.. good to know there is options for outside dealer network.. their hourly rate 250
Are u in California?
I am not in California, but the good news McMedics comes to you, anywhere in the world. Just last week we were in SoCal working on cars, and we'll be back there in July (finalizing dates soon). We aren't $250/hr either, and we flat rate jobs so there are no surprises.

Reactions: ima2nr and rnixon

·
Registered
28 Posts
No need to get rained on. You can also use the key remote - press twice to open the driver's door, and for over 2s to open the passenger door.
Is this on every 12C?

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
875 Posts
rnixon said:
"No need to get rained on. You can also use the key remote - press (the unlock button) twice to open the driver's door, and (hold the unlock button) for over 2s to open the passenger door."

Is this on every 12C?
This is every McLaren built to date since 2012 as far as I've seen. :)

Kevin
Supercar Garage (Home of the flying McMedics)
Kennesaw GA

FWI - There are only two official Flying McMedics in the world! You can PM either of us to schedule a trip to service your McLaren at your home, or you can ship the car to our workshop. Either way, its white glove service from the McMedics.

McMedic = Kevin Prickett @ima2nr
McMedic
= Sean Belanger @EMF Audio

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Are you certified by mclaren ? Will your work like fluid change etc.. void the warranty ?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Are you certified by mclaren ? Will your work like fluid change etc.. void the warranty ?
Personally, if I had @ima2nr close by, I wouldn't buy an ESC ("warranty"). On a new (to me) car, I'd keep it long enough to cover any issues that I notice over the first few months, then cash the rest in, after an inspection.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,105 Posts
We aren't McLaren certified, but in terms of McLaren warranty that's only valid at a dealer. If you used anyone but the dealer they'd use that as leverage. I just did a whole video on warranties. Your warranty may be invalidated without you realizing it.
A third party warranty isn't worth it, but if you had one for whatever reason being a professional they shouldn't have an issue but watch the video for how things really happen.

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
875 Posts
Great questions!

"NO"... McLaren has never certified me... But dozens of McLaren owners would say they wont take their beloved machines anywhere other than the Supercar Garage because of the exceptional personal service and the fair & honest pricing. (Please take a few hours and explore the links in my signature below. You will find I have more hands on experience independently repairing, maintaining, and driving McLaren's than nearly anyone else in North America)
&
"NO"... McLaren cannot void your warranty if you chose to have your vehicle serviced by any independent shop, or even if you choose to preform to do the maintenance yourself... Just keep Invoices for the work completed, or if you do it yourself keep all receipts, take pictures of the mileage, parts used (oil, filter, etc) to document the service was performed to the manufactures specifications.

Here is one of EMF Audio's videos made in my shop where we remove the engine and repair broken camshafts in a 2013 MP4-12C Spider.

Kevin
Kennesaw GA

FWI - There are only two official Flying McMedics in the world! You can PM either of us to schedule a trip to service your McLaren at your home, or you can ship the car to our workshop. Either way, its white glove service from the McMedics.

McMedic = Kevin Prickett @ima2nr
McMedic
= Sean Belanger @EMF Audio

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
875 Posts

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,105 Posts
how to manage calls out of your state ? do you do the work in customer house?
We do. 2 weeks ago we setup at another forum members house and had several other members come to us and we did a bunch of work. It worked as a central location for many and we're looking to do the same in other locations as well. That gets everyone the best deal on all the work being done, but we can do a single location like your house.

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
875 Posts
thank you , now im thinking not to add 2nd year warranty ..
Take the money you would have spent on the warranty and put it in a savings account! You are now 100% in control of those funds (not some warranty company). Then "IF" you have a necessary repair, pay for that repair out of your own "warranty fund". If you dont use the money, then its yours to keep! :)

I bet you end up with more money in the savings account than you spend for any unexpected repairs!

Good Luck with it! We are excited for you and your "new to you" Mclaren!

Kevin
Kennesaw GA

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Take the money you would have spent on the warranty and put it in a savings account! You are now 100% in control of those funds (not some warranty company). Then "IF" you have a necessary repair, pay for that repair out of your own "warranty fund". If you dont use the money, then its yours to keep! :)

I bet you end up with more money in the savings account than you spend for any unexpected repairs!

Good Luck with it! We are excited for you and your "new to you" Mclaren!

Kevin
Kennesaw GA
cant wait .. its finishing cpo process .. they just put new battery 5k . GEN2 with upgrade kit
new accumulators, head lights etc.. another 12k invoice

since its just 3k miles , its due for 8 years service i think , what fluids need to replaced beside oil?

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,105 Posts
cant wait .. its finishing cpo process .. they just put new battery 5k . GEN2 with upgrade kit

since its just 3k miles , its due for 8 years service i think , what fluids need to replaced beside oil?
I'd have to look at the list but probably coolant, clutch fluid, brake fluid, and transmission fluid. Mileage dependant as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Congrats. You must be so excited. I got mine about a month ago and it’s been a blast. The poor Ferrari has only gone out twice since then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Very excited,, I’m glad the dealer fixed all issues
Car only 3k miles .. driven only 300 mile since 2016 .
From what I’m hearing they are fun to drive
Coming from Ferrari not sure what I’m expecting 😂..
Thanks a gain

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks a gain
What Ferrari did you have? I still have my f430 coupe. With the spring weather the 12c with the top down has been so much fun. I just came back from a drive up in the mountains on a beautiful sunny day and it was more enjoyable than I expected. The f430 is fun, but topless on a nice day is better. I could have gotten a coupe for less, but the whole purpose was to have the option of taking the top down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I had 456 , 612 I like the raw power of v12..
I drove 458 for a month .. I liked how fast the clutch DCT .. MP4 shifting fast but it’s not DCT..
I live 2 hours from
Yosemite lot of mountains around me 😂..

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,105 Posts
Thanks a gain
You better drive it a lot while they still cover it, because all the lot rot issues are going to start showing themselves in the next 1,000 miles of driving.
I had 456 , 612 I like the raw power of v12..
I drove 458 for a month .. I liked how fast the clutch DCT .. MP4 shifting fast but it’s not DCT..
I live 2 hours from
Yosemite lot of mountains around me 😂..
SSG in a McLaren IS a DCT, and the actual shift is as fast as a 458, or close to it. I think your perception of the pre-cog is why you think it's slower. Try pulling the paddle half way before shifting, then do it and see if you think it's faster.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts