McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 13's have the rubber door catch outside but are there any other differences/updates on the 2013 car?:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Optional lift kit. I know it's not a sure thing, but if it *does* have the lift kit, it can't be a 12 as there's no retrofit.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Geoff,its 99% software,which is all retro-fitted to the 2012 cars as Mcalren promised from the start,As you say there is the button (which purists hate ) and something else on the hardware that is so inconsequential that no-body would miss it anyway,but I;ve forgotten what it was ,so it cannot be that important !!!!:)

·
Owner
277 Posts
Geoff,its 99% software,which is all retro-fitted to the 2012 cars as Mcalren promised from the start,As you say there is the button (which purists hate ) and something else on the hardware that is so inconsequential that no-body would miss it anyway,but I;ve forgotten what it was ,so it cannot be that important !!!!:)
It is another slower speed when air cond. is on high so less fan noise

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
So I guess I'm one of those Mac purist, I love the swipe to open thingy, it's just adds to the whole MP4 allure. Two thumbs up ??and a couple of bottles of rum to go along with those thumbs. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Optional Inconel Sports exhaust is valveless I believe from cars manufactured mid 2012 onwards.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Ha! Well remembered Andy.....
Are there not the lighter action paddles too?
Funny you should say that,but they are for the namby pamby owners who really wanted a 458:D (a purist thing yet again!! )

That's what I meant to say, the 2012 to 2013 model,its been watered down a little !! To appease the masses

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Funny you should say that,but they are for the namby pamby owners who really wanted a 458:D (a purist thing yet again!! )

That's what I meant to say, the 2012 to 2013 model,its been watered down a little !! To appease the masses
Entirely agree. Including the flower power wheels.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Well, all we really wanted was to have a pull equal a shift. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts