McLaren Life banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on this car I own it it was imported Trying to determine if it is a 2011 or 2012 It was purchased direct from Gemballa in 2012 End was displayed at the Geneva and Paris auto shows trying to put its history

·
Vendor
50 Posts
except the label shows MY 2011.
There is no actual Model year 2011. Its a 2012 more than likely built in 2011. The label is and vin are definitely euro spec so I am less familiar with how they are legally required to mark them but a CW vin is 2012. The only cars that might be before 2012 are pre production cars.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
the letter in the euro vin is not necessarily MY indicator. some sell left over prior year car without changing the vin as current year if there are no differences in vehicle.
historically,MY started in either august or september. this is why mac had 2011 cars in europe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Neal!

The car was delivered in December 2011, being the second 12C delivered in Germany. I can get your more information if you want, please send me a message.

Does anyone have any information on this car I own it it was imported Trying to determine if it is a 2011 or 2012 It was purchased direct from Gemballa in 2012 End was displayed at the Geneva and Paris auto shows trying to put its history View attachment 213805

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Neal, it was a regular car (not pre-production) sold by Doerr Automotive (McLaren Dealer) in Frankfurt. I had two 12C's delivered, this one and #406 (which is still my car). I think yours was sold to Bahrain first, but I might also mix that up now. I can get you all details next week if you want.

We have build quite a few conversions of 12Cs and 650S.

Ok thanks, It was imported as a 2011 It was sold by McLaren as a preproduction car that was modified by Gemballa, I was told it was the only one modified by Gemballa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts