McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after doing Accumulators, Windshield Wiper motor repair, engine oil, clutch oil, transaxle oil, all relevant filters and oranges, flush and bleed brake fluid, soft close doors, headlight condensation repair, diffuser repair and I am sure a few other things I am left with 2 extra bolts.

I cataloged and zip locked everything but I somehow missed these two bolts. Any of you DIYers out there recognize these bolts? I am pretty sure they came from the front, are 10mm head
x 35mm and have SBE 8.8 on the head. I think I will reverse my order on putting the front back together and see if I can find where they go.

Anyone recognize these bolts?
Thanks
Dennis

·
2012 MP4-12C
507 Posts
Reminds me of when I built Lego and would finish the kit with extra parts. No bueno. Its tough because of the gratuitous use of 10 mm head fasteners throughout the car. I recently did some diffuser work and can assure you they are not from the underbody - everything is either a flanged button head or a single-washer 10 mm hex head with lengths of <3/4". Given the length, I would guess something to do with the accumulators or brake bleed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Those look like something I saw for the front bumper from what I can remember while I was working on mine last year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look like something I saw for the front bumper from what I can remember while I was working on mine last year.
I think your right, I am not 100% happy with my bumper fitment, I am planning on taking it back off and adjusting this weekend. Hopefully I find it. I was worried that they go somewhere deeper. I have had the frunk apart 2-3 times now, all the way up to the windshield and I really do not relish doing that again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same thing probably would have happened at the dealer execpt you would never have known. Only two bolts left over after that…I call that a success.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
How about looking at your Bottom rear pan there are 4 10MM long bolts 2 on the right 2 on the left maybe you missed them there are only like 20 bolts holding that pan on

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts