Custom larger rear spoiler

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Is Rock Chip Paint Repair a mod?

·
Registered
983 Posts
So the point of the extra large spoiler is to what? Provide more resistance at speed? Seems daft to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The white car is using the Standard spoiler whereas the Black car has a 'thicker' spoiler that is similar to the upgraded MSO version?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The white car is using the Standard spoiler whereas the Black car has a 'thicker' spoiler that is similar to the upgraded MSO version?
Which up graded version of MSO rear spoiler are you talking about RC33, is there something I don't know about. I was under the impression that the spoilers were consistent from stock to MSO, and can't see how going thicker would improve on anything. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
289 Posts
Which up graded version of MSO rear spoiler are you talking about RC33, is there something I don't know about. I was under the impression that the spoilers were consistent from stock to MSO, and can't see how going thicker would improve on anything. Cheers.....??
I remember and understand Peloton25 mentioned in an earlier post that MSO had developed a 'higher profile' spoiler for the HS#1 car which claims it exhibit better down force at fast bends that was noticeable even without deploying the active aero.

Could Peloton25 please shed some light on this matter again?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Obviously not, but that is something that was done to do car so it was mentioned...

Tough crowd... :cool:
I think you meant to say the car has added clear bra protection. The way you said it sounded like the car had a bunch of rock chips from being driven, and then the chips were touched up. Most of us have added clear bra protection to protect against rock chips, as the areas under the doors are very succeptible to chipping.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The cars look fantastic. I am a fan of white McLarens with carbon fiber trim. Next year or so I will be picking up a Spider and join in the team!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you meant to say the car has added clear bra protection. The way you said it sounded like the car had a bunch of rock chips from being driven, and then the chips were touched up. Most of us have added clear bra protection to protect against rock chips, as the areas under the doors are very succeptible to chipping.
Clear bra was already on the car but it still had damage to the area's with no clear bra such as the wing, quarter panels, rocker panel's, air vane's and rear bumper from rock chips. Clear bra was installed on these area's after repaint.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The cars look fantastic. I am a fan of white McLarens with carbon fiber trim. Next year or so I will be picking up a Spider and join in the team!
Alright Joe thats a great choice of colour, if I may say so myself that deserves a two thumbs up??. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Clear bra was already on the car but it still had damage to the area's with no clear bra such as the wing, quarter panels, rocker panel's, air vane's and rear bumper from rock chips. Clear bra was installed on these area's after repaint.
Well if that is the case, you are the first to ever list this like a positive upgrade. How in the heck do you do rock chip repair on a Fire Black 12C?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts