McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, it took all of 3 weeks, but one of my daughters has spilled something on the alcantara seat of my 12C. Any consensus on the best cleaner to lift out a stain??? I'm thinking some diluted Woolite, but I'm all ears if anybody has a better idea.

Also, any thoughts on what the essential surfaces are on the 12C that must be clearbra'd???

As always, thanks for the input guys!

Wolf

·
Owner
277 Posts
OK guys, it took all of 3 weeks, but one of my daughters has spilled something on the alcantara seat of my 12C. Any consensus on the best cleaner to lift out a stain??? I'm thinking some diluted Woolite, but I'm all ears if anybody has a better idea.

Also, any thoughts on what the essential surfaces are on the 12C that must be clearbra'd???

As always, thanks for the input guys!

Wolf
Alcantara has an online website that will give you cleaning tips. Best is usually water.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ugg makes a cleaner for their footwear, sheepskin cleaner and conditioner Works well on the alcantara. Also Guardsman Dry Cleaning fluid, get it at a hardware store. Wool Is a more conservative start though. Good luck, very few things do not come out.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/raceglaze-alcantara-cleaner.html

Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner comes pre-diluted to the correct strength for safe use on all Alcantara surfaces, and should thus be used neat. For stain removal, we recommend that it is sprayed on to the affected area lightly and then agitated lightly using either a Raceglaze Leather Cleaning Brush or a PB Utility Brush. This will produce a slightly foamy lather, which may discolour as any soiling is progressively released. The lather should be wiped away using a damp Atomiza Microfibre Work Towel, and the surface then left to dry naturally. For general cleaning duties, Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner should be sprayed on lightly and then left to sit for 1-2 minutes before being wiped off using a damp Atomiza Microfibre Work Towel.

''steam clean machine on mine with a small amount of auto smart g101 cleaner sprayed on the worst bits and they came up brand new''

These came up from a search result I quickly did, I hope they will help you, I'd suggest contacting a detailer for advice or leave him to it to do his job.

Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wolf, attached is a pic of the areas I had clear bra'd on my car. The installer called it the "McLaren wrap" indicating that's what he did as a standard on all McLarens.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Wolf, attached is a pic of the areas I had clear bra'd on my car. The installer called it the "McLaren wrap" indicating that's what he did as a standard on all McLarens.
I did the full doors too, as well as a piece behind the rear tires on both sides. The area where the top of the turning vane is will also get chipped.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
after seeing how many people (and countless others I don't see) touching and rubbing and brushing against the car, I would recommend getting the whole car done. Its easier to clean afterwards and has a glossy finish too.:rolleyes: Then you wont worry about the car getting scratched and actually enjoy owning it.:cool:

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend wrapping the small section over the engine/exhaust. No one touches it anyway and the heat in that area would probably do silly things to the plastic wrap.:)

·
Registered
964 Posts
My only additions- other than doing the whole car would be the front door edges (so maybe the entire door) make sure the top of the outer vanes are covered and the lower bottom edge of the rear bumper.
Mine has suffered in all of those places.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very helpful advice on both questions guys. Thanks to all.

Wolf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts