McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Is that actually a kit, from looking at the image it seems quite grainy. So who is the manufacturer of this kit? Is that ducting open on the side or is it just painted to look that way? I do like how clean and simple the kit is especially the side splitter. Cheers....??

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
It's actually a photoshop job at this point using elements from the P1. I expect they intend to realize it sometime soon, but the marketing effort started very recently using that same image in white.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's actually a photoshop job at this point using elements from the P1. I expect they intend to realize it sometime soon, but the marketing effort started very recently using that same image in white.

>8^)
ER
Just as I thought, appreciate the confirmation of that fact. Cheers....??

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the side splitter looks with the door open. As we know the door sill goes up with the door. The side spiltter would be a flat 6"or better carbon plate to step over and not damage with the door open. !!

I dont like the large wedge at the rear of the side splitter, lokks like an afterthough.

David

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My sentiments exactly on the large mass in front of the rear wheel. I prefer the original rendering which is much more streamlined. They seem to know what their doing at Vorsteiner, I'm sure they'll figure it all out. We had a discussions about the side splitter at Pfaff and felt that it will probably be fastened to the bottom of the door. If that's the case the fit and finish will have to be superb especially where the front and rear pieces will meet. I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like, I pray that it looks great. ??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363380061.510193.jpg

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
My sentiments exactly on the large mass in front of the rear wheel. I prefer the original rendering which is much more streamlined. They seem to know what their doing at Vorsteiner, I'm sure they'll figure it all out. We had a discussions about the side splitter at Pfaff and felt that it will probably be fastened to the bottom of the door. If that's the case the fit and finish will have to be superb especially where the front and rear pieces will meet. I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like, I pray that it looks great. ����

View attachment 2303
In addition to the other pieces I am working on a side splitter design for the MP4-12C. There is no way a full length splitter is going to survive no matter how carefull you are. I am 5,8" and would have to slide onto the inner door sill to be able to step over the the proposed area. The rear flared area should mirror the side air intake more like the 458 and the Merciellago.

I am a big fan of the side splitter . Although the Mp4-12c design seems flawless. I feel the side splitter gives it a more flush to the ground feel and less of a rounded feel.

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
The High Sport style bumper. diffuser and air brake and being imported through a distributor in CA. the inbound cost on the 3 parts is roughly $15000.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The High Sport style bumper. diffuser and air brake and being imported through a distributor in CA. the inbound cost on the 3 parts is roughly $15000.
So how have come to know this stuff ECGdavid? Are these different components going to be available to purchased separately? I'm more keen on the side splitter, I just hope they can get it to look and function properly. As well I love the rear diffuser not to sure about the addition to the rear wing though. Anxiously awaiting the ready for market finished version. Cheers.....??

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
I know this stuff as I am in the same manufacturing and supply circle of sorts. They have selected 1 distributor for the US only ( no not me ). As far as I know the parts are available individually. I have seen individual pricing on the bumper, diffuser and wing but no info on the side spiller. I have not seen them in the "flesh". they are aprently puting a car together here in the states with photos to come.

With the other Mclaren stuff I am working on I will not have a chance to work on a side splitter until later this summer.

I like the look of the front and rear. Personally I feel the origonal design is a little rounded on the corners for my tasrte. I would hope for the application and cost they have spent the time on propper function with the front and rear amd not ruin the aerodynamics.

david

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here is full pricing direct form Vorsteiner this is MSRP

Front Bumper Cover, DVWP with Carbon Fiber Accent, including Carbon Front Splitter.

· MSRP $11,995.00
·

Rear Bumper Cover, DVWP with Carbon Fiber Accents, Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser.

· MSRP $14,995.00
·

Side Blades Fully Carbon Fiber, 2 Per Side, 4 per set.

· MSRP $7995.00
·

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Here is full pricing direct form Vorsteiner this is MSRP

Front Bumper Cover, DVWP with Carbon Fiber Accent, including Carbon Front Splitter.

· MSRP $11,995.00
·

Rear Bumper Cover, DVWP with Carbon Fiber Accents, Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser.

· MSRP $14,995.00
·

Side Blades Fully Carbon Fiber, 2 Per Side, 4 per set.

· MSRP $7995.00
·
I must admit wheelb those side splitters are pretty f..king expensive to say the least. I'm sure if they got rid of that hunk of what ever in front of the rear wheel that would reduce the cost, as well making it much more appealing. Why can't they just produce something simple and streamlined the look as they had originally posted on the front side view. Which in my mind enhanced the overall look of the car, that mass at the back looks hideous to say the least. I pray to god they do not follow through with that piece, although seeing on paper and in real life could change my whole outlook or not. Cheers.....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363620885.319296.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts